mtbr member
    Apr 2006

lost glasses on Gardner today

Rode Gardner with a couple of buddies today, got to end of trail and attached glasses to pack for ride-a-push through the trees and the climb out back to the road. Noticed I didn't have them right after the last log you climb over before you get to the official gardner peak moto trail. Walked back a ways looking for them but no luck so if anybody rides that, will you please keep your eyes open for me

Grey Smith Thresholds with clear lenses. They are quite new and I am bummed about losing them.

thanks all.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004

Lost and found

Starting to think there are ghosts on Gardner stealing stuff. Your glasses are probably right next to Meekers lost glasses (I lost them for him) his new pair of gloves and my favorite old hat from Over the Edge. All of this stuff was set down right next to the trail where we were working and just walked off.

We will keep our eyes peeled for your glasses. Hopefully it won't be another offering to the trail gods.

On a bright note, we did a walk through with the Forest Service and got a thumbs up!

mtbr member
    sweet. think it will punch through this year? Will you guys still be digging in October? The horse show season is done then so I might be able make it. Alyssa keeps asking when we're going to do trail main 'nences again.
    Oh sh!+ just force upgraded to cat1. Now what?
    Best thing about an ultra marathon? I just get to ride my bike for X hours!

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    That trail is haunted then. Lon lost his glasses on the climb out also. We all walked back though and managed to find them. It made me worry as we both attached glasses the same way to our pack but I always thought it was a fluke as I have ridden hundreds of miles with them there without issue. Still, would check frequently to make sure they hadn't fallen and hadn't until Gardner.

I like the cobble work before Jon's rock drop. Looks pretty labor intensive.

Meeker left me a voicemail stating the Forest Service's approval and sounded very optimistic about future prospects with them. I keep meaning to call him but keep forgetting when I actually have a moment to talk. This makes me think that maybe we should meet up with them about Big Wood. Sounds like we have more progressive thinkers and that trail could be put under consideration and possible revived. What do you think?

mtbr member
    Ya, crazy how that trail just seems to eat sunglasses.... OR, maybe it's just riding with Aenema. I remember losing another pair of glasses a couple of years ago riding with him on Hard Guy. Coincidence? maybe.....

The stuff with the Forest Service sounds great! Hopefully, the progressive thinking keeps moving forward and the types of trails that are starting to be allowed will conitinue to evolve.

mtbr member
    Apr 2006

Glasses found!

I know a lot of you were losing sleep on this for me so I thought I would call off the search party. They were found by an eagle eyed coffee addict. If there was ever a "Where's Waldo" tournament, I know who I would enter...

mtbr member
    Jul 2006

I have lost 2 pair

Edwards lost one pairt and I lost the second pair. Both Smith Slyders.