dblblack
    Apr 2012

Looking for More than a Few Good Rides

Quite often on this forum there are requests for information about a trail in some area that the poster wants to visit or is curious about. I have been working on a project for a few years that can help provide that kind of beta.

GPS-Exchange.com is seeking to expand the coverage of the GPS content in our database. We believe that the combination of GPS data from actual activities, videos of those activities and standardized metadata is a powerful tool for discovery and sharing.

We are committed to providing this exchange of data free of charge.

If you are interested in participating in this concept, we invite you to enter this contest and begin to submit your rides, (or trail runs, ski expeditions, hiking adventures, etc.). Top prize is a Garmin 500 and runner up is a CamelBak Lobo hydration pack.

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Does the youtube video have to be your own?
    It's all downhill from here.
    (There's a **** of a lot of climbing left.)

dblblack
    Apr 2012

YouTube videos

Quote Originally Posted by mzinn23 View Post
    Does the youtube video have to be your own?
    To be safe regarding copyright laws, i would say yes. However, i believe if you have permission from the content owner to post on another site, that would work too. (just have the video owner email me also when you post it).

Cleavage Of The Tetons
    Jan 2004
    What is your revenue model?
    "We LOVE cows! They make trails for us.....

And then we eat them."

dblblack
    Apr 2012

looking for good rides

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    What is your revenue model?
    Good question Rideit.
    The revenue model is very modest. It will be sponsorships, advertising and marketing relationships primarily with the locally owned business that support adventure sports. Bike shops, ski shops, sporting goods stores, and related small business. I am not in this to make a living, but rather to have some fun and eventually fund some of my equipment needs, ski mountaineering and mountain biking trips.
    I am also interested in providing an additional source of funds for trail organizations such as SWIMBA by providing links from GPS Exchange pages to their "Donation pages".

mtbr member
    I posted up some rides. It goes pretty quick. Hopefully you guys can post up to. I'll be curious what rides others are doing. Anyone else post yet? I posted some road rides to. We all prefer mountain but fits train somewhere
    Oh sh!+ just force upgraded to cat1. Now what?
    Best thing about an ultra marathon? I just get to ride my bike for X hours!