mtbr member
    Aug 2004

Looking for Housing in Victor/Driggs

I'll be starting my new job as a bike mechanic in Victor in May and want to start putting out feelers for a place to live. Ideally I'd like to live in a log cabin next to a trailhead and still be within riding distance of the shop, but I'd be happy with sharing a house or apartment with fellow mountain bikers. Any leads will be greatly appreciated.

Rocks Rock

Get any answers?

Did rideit help you out?
    When we teach all children from age 5 on to meditate just 1 hour per week on compassion war will end within 3 generations.

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by impdude
    Did rideit help you out?

Huh?

Rocks Rock

rideit?

I know rideit lives out there and might be able to hook you up with other riders and give you an idea about housing. He maybe out of the country and off line right now.
    When we teach all children from age 5 on to meditate just 1 hour per week on compassion war will end within 3 generations.

Cleavage Of The Tetons
    Jan 2004
    Rideit here, PM me. I am gathering that you are working at habitat.
    I have more info than you could possibly want, Scott worked for me at my shop for two years, he is my bro. Your 'cabin at the trailhead' is for many an impossible, expensive dream, but actually possible, if you have the right contacts. Many *Cabins* here sell for $4-600,000. (don't expect to buy anything for under oh, $189,000 or so, and that is for ghetto, except for some new one room (studio) 'townhouses'. I have a temp room available, next door to the SICKEST big DJ's in the area, if you are into that. Great scene here, Bring some mechanic sickness, and sell, sell, sell!!
    "We LOVE cows! They make trails for us.....

And then we eat them."

mtbr member
    May 2005
    ha ha rideit calls it..... prolly workin' at habitat..... cool
    Any hoo, Adam from the Naughty, er i mean knotty pine has left or is leaving momentarily and is giving up his place at the bottom of Pole Canyon.... which would make most people jizz over the access.....but if any T.V. bros can offer any help on that with a phone # or whatnot. Cuz Beein' in Switzerland all I can offer is the idea.......

Cleavage Of The Tetons
    Jan 2004
    Hmm, Alias, i wus thinkin' the very same location!!! (I dunno, we have to check this southern boy's refs HARD before letting him ont the raddam factors cabin...(even tho' it is probably quite rented!)
    PS: Crack-en-fail, brutha!! Mazeltov!

And then we eat them."

mtbr member
    Mar 2005

tough competition

thomas,
    with one reply getting paid to r&d bikes in switzerland and another being a former shop owner who knows better now taking wheels to the dirt of peru and loving it.....damn, and they all call this home? the trails must suck in lil middle of nowhere idaho......damn!
    drive west and live. oh, do bring that wrench sickness and sell, sell, sell!

Sheepherder/Cat Herder Moderator
    I wonder if any of you know Benson....
    ...building wherever they'll let me...

Cleavage Of The Tetons
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Visicypher
    I wonder if any of you know Benson....
    Of course! My buddy mark just visited him in Boise yesterday....and whom should we say is wondering?

PS, the riding here sucks. Tell your friends and real estate agents not to bother.

And then we eat them."

My name is Al. I tell everyone that Idaho is a cold and un/inhospitable (sp) place. There is absolutely nothing to do in Boise, and especially less to do in Driggs & Victor.

So do you know Angela and Eric @ Big Hole Music? Do you know Squirrel?

I haven't seen Benson since b4 he got married.

Cleavage Of The Tetons
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Visicypher
    My name is Al. I tell everyone that Idaho is a cold and un/inhospitable (sp) place. There is absolutely nothing to do in Boise, and especially less to do in Driggs & Victor.

So do you know Angela and Eric @ Big Hole Music? Do you know Squirrel?

I haven't seen Benson since b4 he got married.
    I know all of the above quite well. Saw Squirrel with Ed (eric) and Ang new years at the trap. Squirrel is a bit of a...freak...eh?
    Benson is living in Boise, if you did not know that.
    Do I know you?
    Do you know me?

And then we eat them."

I don't think I know you. Do you know Brad G.? Benson used to live in his house here in Boise. I know Squirrel quite well. (Don't worry. It is just Squirrel. Deep down though, he is a really good guy.) I've known Ed since '96-97ish. I've ridden with Ed in Fruita & Moab, and when he lived here in Boise. Ang was there filming us in Moab. I've even made sushi for Justin, but that was a long time ago. (Ya, I know how to make sush...the boys keep tellin' me to open a restaurant or be a cook for a guide service.)

PS. Tell everyone the pow is in Utah.

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    *BUMP*

Still looking for a place.

TERVOR THE GREAT
    Are you going to be working at Peaked Sports? That's my shop of preference when I visit that part of the State.

I think it would be a good idea to look into maybe one of those studio apartments until you find a place to chill. Just a month or two ago, I saw a decent place for about $150k. It was really close to the skatepark. That's about all I remember...

Cleavage Of The Tetons
    Jan 2004
    Peaked blows donkey chunks. (He is working for Habitat, in Victor... )

And then we eat them."

TERVOR THE GREAT
    I'm just curious, but what makes you say that?
    I've only had good experiences with them, and one of the guys from there is a good friend of mine. We met racing the wild rockies series.

Cleavage Of The Tetons
    Jan 2004
    I ride with all the boys that work there...Pete, Ed, Michael, etc...good dudes. The owner, however, is a [SIZE="6"]DICK[/SIZE]

And then we eat them."

TERVOR THE GREAT
    yeah, pete's a buddy of mine...
    So, where's the best freeriding there? It seems like you guys have got it, because I saw several guys on freeride bikes...
    I went to targhee and rode the lift up and blasted the virgin terrain, and it was fun for like a day, but that was enough. I guess on the other side of the pass you've got stuff...
    When I visit this summer, I'll be sure to let you know...