Don't worry, be happy!

Lolo Pass, any good riding up there?

Looks like we are heading to the Lochsa for some low water boating. Now, I know there's nothing for riding down in the Canyon, but what about off Lolo Pass/Powell area? We are trying do decide whether to bring the bike or hiking boots for a little side adventure...

Thanks
    Formica

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by formica View Post
    Looks like we are heading to the Lochsa for some low water boating. Now, I know there's nothing for riding down in the Canyon, but what about off Lolo Pass/Powell area? We are trying do decide whether to bring the bike or hiking boots for a little side adventure...
    I did see your other post about that Lolo trail. I wish i could give you some beta but have never ridden it.

There is alot of good dirt road riding in the area, but I suspect that's not what your after.

So, my recommendation is to park at the Lolo Peak trailhead (up Mormon Cr Rd) and head up the trail. At the first junction, take a right. This is one of the unsung/undiscovered trails in the Missoula area. From this trail you can ether drop into Mill Creek, hop on 12, and ride back to the car. Or, do an out-and-back to the wilderness boundary up the south fork of Lolo Creek. The latter is a big day, but worth it.

In this area, you can not go wrong with hiking boots ether. If you head for Stanley Hot Springs from Wilderness Gateway, you won't be dissapointed.
    Casey Greene - Cartographer - Adventure Cycling Association
    http://greenecasey.blogspot.com

Don't worry, be happy!
    We did a section of the Lolo Motorway. That was very cool.The access we used, Saddlecamp Rd was very close to our camp so it worked out great. I'll post some pics in a bit.