Thread: Local Stash...

mtbr member

Local Stash...

In the foothills, there are always neighborhood trails that are very sandy and therefore hold moisture in very well. If you are willing to do some road to connect them, you can end up doing a 1+ hour ride and not get mud on your bike at all... The bonus is that they are typically not part of the official "trail" system so they are still unknown, narrow and fun. However, development will catch up to these gullies sooner rather than later so ride them while you can...
    These trails are both within 1 kilometer of my house and from these trails, you can hook up to Crestline and Mil Reserve. What a gorgeous morning...
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    double post, sorry.
    Last edited by westin; 03-16-2006 at 09:20 AM.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by flipnidaho
    In the foothills.... The bonus is that they are typically not part of the official "trail" system so they are still unknown, narrow and fun. However, development will catch up to these gullies sooner rather than later so ride them while you can... What a gorgeous morning...
    Not to start a shitfest, but isn't that the viewpoint which many got upset over last year in regard to the Hickhucksters' "renegade" riding outside local authorized trails? Is it better to ask for forgiveness than permission?
    FWIW, the Hucksters are doing great work with SWIMBA to create new and legal trails.

Tracking up the place
    You keep postin pics like that...and I will... Have to move there.... We over in the wyoming side have nothing but snow to look forward ot for at least another week....I know we need moisture but Come on......it's killing me....http://www.crh.noaa.gov/ifps/MapClick.php?CityName=Sundance&state=WY&site=UNR
    "Home of the Bearlodge Mtn Classic"

The only hill is the one you make of it....

Tracking up the place
    You keep postin pics like that.... and I will...have to move there... Over here in the wyoming side of things....It keep snowin...we need moisutre but for criminy sakes.. iwant to ride aghhh... Here is our forecast for the week.... FRIKKIN SNOW..............

http://www.crh.noaa.gov/ifps/MapClic...te=WY&site=UNR
    "Home of the Bearlodge Mtn Classic"

The only hill is the one you make of it....

King of the Barneys
    Quote Originally Posted by westin
    Not to start a shitfest, but isn't that the viewpoint which many got upset over last year in regard to the Hickhucksters' "renegade" riding outside local authorized trails? Is it better to ask for forgiveness than permission?
    FWIW, the Hucksters are doing great work with SWIMBA to create new and legal trails.
    My computer work's funny sometime, but I actually saw trails on his posted pictures, and unless they're posted closed to bicycles, they're perfectly fair game.

But you may see something different....

CDB
    May your trails be narrow, crooked, lonesome and dangerous, leading to the most outrageous adventures. Paladin

mtbr member

the way I look at them...

Quote Originally Posted by CBro
    My computer work's funny sometime, but I actually saw trails on his posted pictures, and unless they're posted closed to bicycles, they're perfectly fair game.

But you may see something different....

CDB
    you are right. there are no trail markers, private property or no trespassing signs posted on the entrance and exits. the way I see them, they are just like alleys that connect me to different neighborhoods, official trail systems and roads... it would be funny as heck to put up a "Non-Christians ONLY" sign however...

Contagious Xian

hurray for actual mtb posts

nice pics Gary, those look fun