mtbr member
    May 2004

July issue of Mountain Flyer magazine

So I was sitting in Denver airport this fall waiting for my transfer to Indianapolis and wanted to read a mtn bike mag other than the typical mbaction, bike, etc and picked up a copy of this. Nice mag, good photos, and kind of a Dirt Rag feel. Anyway, nice article in it titled Mashing Pedals in Potato Paradise about Boise riding and some pics of eastside riding and Dave Thomas, and foothills riding with Al Castile and his dogs. Sounds like the author had a bad crash on Eastside though, but finished that ride.

Would of been good if could have taken the author on some better trails elsewhere in the state - help dispel the idea that all of Idaho has rolly polly trails!

www.mountainflyer.com issue #13

James Rickman needs to return the favor and show his trail guides some good riding in EDIT, NM!
    Last edited by mtnbkrdr98; 10-13-2009 at 06:02 PM.
    Sound of Tires on Dirt - Sole Music; shared with friends - Soul Music.

mtbr member
    Hey, is that a Huffy? That's a nice-lookin' bike, boy!

mtbr member
    Hey Mountain Bike Rider,

We are always happy to show our trail guides some great trails down in these parts, although they would need to come to New Mexico for rides, but I'm always happy to host. We did enjoy a ton of great trails all around Idaho, but the focus of the story was Boise, so they didn't get mentioned this time around.

Keep on riding!

--Jim
    "You'll thank me when it's all said and done"

Sheepherder/Cat Herder Moderator
    Jim - I'll have to make it down sometime soon. There were a few trails in Santa Fe I need to hit up. I also need to gorge myself at the Pioneer.

Oh...the pic of dogs was awesome. Thanks for throwing that in there.

Al
    ...building wherever they'll let me...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Visicypher
    Jim - I'll have to make it down sometime soon. There were a few trails in Santa Fe I need to hit up. I also need to gorge myself at the Pioneer.

Oh...the pic of dogs was awesome. Thanks for throwing that in there.

Al
    Hey Al,

Come on down any time. Trails in Santa Fe are plentiful, as are the trails throughout the north. You and your sweetheart always have a place to stay. It's not the Ritz Carlton, but it's comfortable and the food is good. Hope to see you soon!

--Jim

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Blister Butt
    Hey Mountain Bike Rider,

We are always happy to show our trail guides some great trails down in these parts, although they would need to come to New Mexico for rides, but I'm always happy to host. We did enjoy a ton of great trails all around Idaho, but the focus of the story was Boise, so they didn't get mentioned this time around.

Keep on riding!

--Jim
    Used to live in Albuquerque, there's some great riding down there! I miss the trails...and food I know there are way better trails now too, as that was many moons ago....
    Hey, is that a Huffy? That's a nice-lookin' bike, boy!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirt Monkey
    Used to live in Albuquerque, there's some great riding down there! I miss the trails...and food I know there are way better trails now too, as that was many moons ago....
    Well come on back down for a visit! I don't know how you can go without a chile fix for prolonged periods. You're probably way overdue and this year's crop is outstanding!

--Jim