mtbr member

Jug Mtn Ranch trailwork day Saturday 10/22

Hi guys, FYI- one more JMR trailwork day this Saturday 9:00-1:00. Let me know if you're planning on making it.

aaarrrggghh!
    I will do my best to meet there. I am assuming we are going to meet at the clubhouse?

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    If you go, Ivan, let me know and I will tag along/carpool in some way. What tools would need to be brought along?

mtbr member
    Feb 2004

Go

I would encourage those from Boise to drive up and do a day of trail work at Jug Mtn. They are developing a great trail system that has lots of possibilities. And this is the time of year the soil digs and packs well.

If my daughter wasn't in a soccer tourny this weekend, I would be all over this.

Hope to see the CIMBA trail crew for a day of digging this spring.

Thanks,

Mike e.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    with the enduro cross this weekend, some of the guys from jug will be enjoying some great
    racing at the idaho center saturday night.

mtbr member
    JMR and CIMBA have some McLeods, but it if you have your own that would be helpful. The soil is mostly decomposed granite and moves pretty easily. Bring work gloves and a water bottle. Meet at the clubhouse and there will be a Pinzgauer shuttle to the trailwork location.

mtbr member
    I flagged the work yesterday and scared up a 4x4 bull elk! More importantly though, we should be able to finish lower Vandelay trail. This will make the continuous singletrack connection from the Upper Res to the Clubhouse. The trail is intermediate, but with A LOT of spots for fun features.

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Will there be any use for loppers or saws? Just moving dirt or are we doing any bench cutting or brush work? Thinking of what tools would be welcome to throw in the truck.

mtbr member
    We'll be doing all aspects of trailbuilding- lopping branches to clear the corridor, clearing a few larger limbs with a saw, digging some bench and treadwork. There's something for everyone. We have a chainsaw and a handsaw and shovels and McLeods. If you have loppers that would be helpful. A McLeod is always useful too. Thanks for coming up to work!

mtbr member
    Great turnout on Saturday- thanks Ivan and Aenema for making the journey to work on the trails with us.

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    It was a great trail work day. We got fed at the Jug Mountain clubhouse and there was even raffles for those that volunteered. Not to mention that the trail itself is looking VERY promising with a lot of it getting cut in that day. Let me/us know next time you are working, I will drive up even if there is just a handful of folks planning to work.