Thread: Inversion

mtbr member

Inversion

I thought Boise's inversion was harsh until I started riding everyday here in the PI. Check out what we have to ride through here on the first 1 hour of every ride. It's pollution from diesel and smoke from folks burning wood, trash, etc... Makes the temporary inversions at home seem not so bad.
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member

Payoff

Also, like climbing past Boise's inversion, you end up looking over the mountains and wondering how many undiscovered trails are still out there...

Sheepherder/Cat Herder Moderator
    We don't need no stinkin' environmental laws...
    ...building wherever they'll let me...

Hi!!!
    Those pix remind me of being in Antioplo City and driving around the mountains.

That Manila air is just thick and heavy and sticky. My first full day there I just couldn't get the smell of the air out of my nostrils. I don't think I'd survive a 10 minute ride in that stuff. I'd start sweating like crazy whenever I stepped outside. How I made it through a week there I don't know.

Hey does your family use a driver?

mtbr member

Antipolo is bad

Quote Originally Posted by BelaySlave
    Those pix remind me of being in Antioplo City and driving around the mountains.

That Manila air is just thick and heavy and sticky. My first full day there I just couldn't get the smell of the air out of my nostrils. I don't think I'd survive a 10 minute ride in that stuff. I'd start sweating like crazy whenever I stepped outside. How I made it through a week there I don't know.

Hey does your family use a driver?
    For some good riding, go towards San Mateo instead. There is decent climbing and more trails on the San Mateo side. Also, if you visit, try the dry season as the weather feels more like the Carribean in winter). The best part of riding in the PI is the mid-ride "merienda". The guys in the picture (Al, Jay, and JuBoy) all had full blown lunches at hour 5 of an alomst 7 hour ride (I just one small piece of bibingka). I can't imagine riding and climbing more after a meal like that but they had no problems...