Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Mar 2006

Cool-blue Rhythm I'm Moving to Boise

Hello Boise Mountain Cyclists. My name is Rod and I am moving to Boise from Ann Arbor, MI. Do you have any good info on trails in the area. Last year I bought a Ellsworth Truth and have been "rippin' up the trails." I also have heard that there is a strong Christian community in Boise. I'm a Presbyterian and I "ride 4 Jesus." Is there any Christian cycling clubs? Thanks in advance for the information.

Rod

Contagious Xian

Welcome

Quote Originally Posted by holy.rider777
    Hello Boise Mountain Cyclists. My name is Rod and I am moving to Boise from Ann Arbor, MI. Do you have any good info on trails in the area. Last year I bought a Ellsworth Truth and have been "rippin' up the trails." I also have heard that there is a strong Christian community in Boise. I'm a Presbyterian and I "ride 4 Jesus." Is there any Christian cycling clubs? Thanks in advance for the information.

Rod
    Rod - Hit me up with a PM if you'd like info on the local BOMB group and BOMB factions. The good news about Boise it's a mixed MTB crowd and we jesus freaks get along real well with the normal folks and do lots of riding together regardless of spiritual backgrounds...

Craig

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Bombin4X
    Rod - Hit me up with a PM if you'd like info on the local BOMB group and BOMB factions. The good news about Boise it's a mixed MTB crowd and we jesus freaks get along real well with the normal folks and do lots of riding together regardless of spiritual backgrounds...

Craig
    Jesus rides a singlespeed.

Contagious Xian

Wwjss?

Quote Originally Posted by westin
    Jesus rides a singlespeed.
    Responses are tame so far, I am just waiting for something "exciting" from my favorite characters on this board, and you all know who you are

cp

the new Gilbert Grape
    Responses are tame so far

Because it's so obvious that he rides a cross bike, that know one needs to say it.
    Each bicycle owned exponentially increases the probability that none is working correctly.

Contagious Xian

X - Hucking on a CX?

Quote Originally Posted by laffeaux
    Because it's so obvious that he rides a cross bike, that know one needs to say it.
    I think not Eric, but you could be right. I really was expecting "fully rigid with bomb-proof brake levers...." out of you though...

the new Gilbert Grape
    Aluminum levers have been installed on both sides now. No more snaping those things off mid-ride.
    Each bicycle owned exponentially increases the probability that none is working correctly.

Rocks Rock

Which Religion is the truest?

They are all about the same... Buda was not a Christian, But Jesus would have made a good Budist.

"Welcome to Boise, Thanx for choosing my lane." Quote from the parking attendant at the airport when my Daughter moved to Boise.

Sooooooooooo welcome to Boise and thanx for choosing our forum.
    When we teach all children from age 5 on to meditate just 1 hour per week on compassion war will end within 3 generations.

Contagious Xian

You back in town Dave?

Up for another ride again, real soon?

That's great what the attendant said...

The strangest thing happened to me when I first moved here - someone at Home Depot came up and said the weirdest thing to me:

"How can I help you?" Freaked me out, almost had to pinch myself.

Back of the pack fat guy
    Jan 2004
    Responses are tame so far, I am just waiting for something "exciting" from my favorite characters on this board, and you all know who you are

cp
    I...I...I...just don't know what to say. Is this, well, serious, or is my sarcasm detector on the blink?

Contagious Xian

I love this board

Quote Originally Posted by Earthpig
    I...I...I...just don't know what to say. Is this, well, serious, or is my sarcasm detector on the blink?
    Man I have to tell you - I am really disappointed - I expected some kind of response entailing animal sacrifice, PBR pentagram contests, spackle for the practitioners of the dark arts, or something about bambi being the antichrist. I sit here shocked, in awe.

Now - Tighten your belt, stand up straight, and deliver something drenched in Earthpig flavor or I may never post to this board again (if ya'll could be that lucky).

Either that or I'll assume holyrider.777 is really just your pen name for fun and were looking to spice up a soggy-trailed mid-week....

mtbr member

hey now lets be nice to th pig

In all fairness to EP I find that he only (okay mostly) unleashes his barbs at people he knows and likes to tweak with. So holy rider, if you want EP to be nice to you never meet him!!! lol

okay so we going riding this weekend geoff?
    I just don't understand my wife....she thinks its nuts to ride when the temperature is in the 20's....go figure

Back of the pack fat guy
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by lv2ride
    In all fairness to EP I find that he only (okay mostly) unleashes his barbs at people he knows and likes to tweak with. So holy rider, if you want EP to be nice to you never meet him!!! lol

okay so we going riding this weekend geoff?
    As Cartman would say: "I love you guys. Eh, scr_w you guys."

I'm planning on riding. Maybe a good weekend for an Owyhees ride on Sunday?

Back of the pack fat guy
    Jan 2004
    Either that or I'll assume holyrider.777 is really just your pen name for fun and were looking to spice up a soggy-trailed mid-week....
    Sorry, no "nom de plume" for moi. Unlike others on this board (who I will from now on refer to as "he who must not be named"), I actually can remember my password, so I don't have to go to the trouble of setting up an entirely new account just for the sole purpose of starting a flame war.

That said, if holyrider's post was made in all seriousness, I can see him fitting in quite well within Idaho's ultrareligious majority. I'm still at a loss to understand the general concept of melding religion and biking, but it's no weirder than than Visicypher's spackling fetish!

King of the Barneys

Rod
    Hey, welcome. I ride with the Bomb groups now and then, and I know lots of Christian mountainbikers, (finding new ones almost every day, btw) although personally, I like riding with anybody and everybody, even the wild-eyed fire-breathing heathens around here most of whom I count as friends. The others I just haven't met yet.

There are lots of good churches in the area too,

and don't forget that Jesus might ride a cross bike, but

his Dad is a freerider: "He rides upon the wind...!"

He helps us catch air: "You lift me up to the wind {and} cause me to ride;"

Or He's a 24hr racer: "Lift up {a song} for Him who rides through the deserts"

An old dirtjumper? "To Him who rides upon the highest heavens, which are from ancient times;"

A humble sport-class champion? "And in Your majesty ride on victoriously, For the cause of truth and meekness {and} righteousness"

Does God open up the high wilderness trails? "Then you will take delight in the LORD, And I will make you ride on the heights of the earth;"

Anyway, give a holler or an email when you're close to arriving; anybody here would probably be happy to get you dialed in. Just don't carry a big black Bible on your rides, ok?

CDB
    May your trails be narrow, crooked, lonesome and dangerous, leading to the most outrageous adventures. Paladin

mtbr member
    Mar 2006

Hi...

Thanks for the colorful and curteous replies. I'm looking forward to meeting some of you.
    BTW, do some of you install drywall? I noticed some of you speak of spackle. I can also install drywall and have some carpentry skills. We are going to rent for awhile but I may try to buy a fixer-upper. Anyway, thanks again.

Rod

King of the Barneys
    Thanks for the colorful and curteous replies. I'm looking forward to meeting some of you.
    BTW, do some of you install drywall? I noticed some of you speak of spackle. I can also install drywall and have some carpentry skills. We are going to rent for awhile but I may try to buy a fixer-upper. Anyway, thanks again.

Rod
    Oh, you sweet innocent lamb!

CDB
    May your trails be narrow, crooked, lonesome and dangerous, leading to the most outrageous adventures. Paladin

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    [QUOTE=CBro]Hey, welcome. I ride with the Bomb groups now and then, and I know lots of Christian mountainbikers, (finding new ones almost every day, btw) although personally, I like riding with anybody and everybody, even the wild-eyed fire-breathing heathens around here most of whom I count as friends. The others I just haven't met yet.

BOMB ? Does this stand for brothers on mountain bikes?

Hi!!!
    Believers On Mtn. Bikes I think.

A handful of them were up at Brundage last summer. They are good people.

Sheepherder/Cat Herder Moderator

Thou shall resist temptation......

and it lasted for the duration of typing that topic line.

Spackle: low density defecation resulting in air borne particles having unique dispersion characteristics.
    ...building wherever they'll let me...

mtbr member

keep it to yourself

SO, a pirate walks into a bar with a ship's steering wheel stuffed into the front of his pants. bartender asks whats up with the wheel in the pants. pirate says, arrrr, it's drivin me nuts. Arrr.

not related to the topic but neither is jesus, muhammad, siddhartha gautama, or abraham, or my mom

and come awn, the spackle thing. everyone gets that one.......

mtbr member
    Mar 2006

Bro...

I'm sorry you feel that way. Yes, I get what spackle means now. The term seems very lowbrow. Some of my friends have told me that Idaho can be a little "backwoodsy." I wouldn't expect that from you quys, now would I?

In Christ,
    Rod

P.S. Dingle, I look forward to meeting you.

Contagious Xian

check your PMs Rod

I sent you one yesterday......don't pet the dingos on the board, they bite. In person they're nicer and even jingle, probably even dingle. Listen to CBro, that wise (not wide!) old sage of a dingomeister.

TRAIL KUBUKI CORNDOGGER
    I'm sorry you feel that way. Yes, I get what spackle means now. The term seems very lowbrow. Some of my friends have told me that Idaho can be a little "backwoodsy." I wouldn't expect that from you quys, now would I?

In Christ,
    Rod

P.S. Dingle, I look forward to meeting you.
    Backwoodsy? You mean in a Brokeback kinda way?
    Nobody cares what kind of bike you ride.

Sheepherder/Cat Herder Moderator
    Schweet. Lowbrow...I'll have to get that waxed.

FYI - the surroundings can be backwoodsy, but the people are nice. I hope that is what you meant.

We are a fiesty lot.
    ...building wherever they'll let me...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast