mtbr member

i know it about mtb....but

anyone gone on the road ride on 1/1 before.? I just heard about it. Leaves georges on front at noon. Weather dependant usually over 100 riders. Anyone else thinking about going?
    I just don't understand my wife....she thinks its nuts to ride when the temperature is in the 20's....go figure

sharing the love
    Quote Originally Posted by lv2ride
    usually over 100 riders
    I'd like to know where they ride so I can avoid that fiasco. 100 roadies on a group ride. That means they will be riding 20 abreast on the inside of the white line. I guess it would be safe to drive your car in the bike lane to get past them.
    [SIZE=1]"Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race." - H.G. Wells[/SIZE]

Unicycles are for clowns
    Feb 2005

Yes..

Quote Originally Posted by zebdi
    I'd like to know where they ride so I can avoid that fiasco. 100 roadies on a group ride. That means they will be riding 20 abreast on the inside of the white line. I guess it would be safe to drive your car in the bike lane to get past them.

I agree it probably would be best that you avoid it, after all how far can you ride a bike with no seat?

the new Gilbert Grape
    anyone gone on the road ride on 1/1 before.? I just heard about it. Leaves georges on front at noon. Weather dependant usually over 100 riders. Anyone else thinking about going?

I'll be there provided that:

(a) it's not pouring rain
    (b) the temps are warmer than the Thanksgiving Day ride. (My toes are just now recovering.)
    Each bicycle owned exponentially increases the probability that none is working correctly.

Back of the pack fat guy
    Jan 2004

resident leg shaving chardonnay drinker

As the resident leg-shaving (former), chardonnay-drinking, wintertime roadie, I'll be there if it isn't raining. The pack usually strings out pretty good - fast anorexic leg-shavers up front and poky old fat guys in the back. Last time I did this ride there were about 50 people and we did about 30 miles or so.

mtbr member

feeling surly?

EP,

I hope you are planning on riding your Surly...then I would have a better chance of keeping up with you
    I just don't understand my wife....she thinks its nuts to ride when the temperature is in the 20's....go figure

Back of the pack fat guy
    Jan 2004
    EP,

I hope you are planning on riding your Surly...then I would have a better chance of keeping up with you
    You'll have to talk to bikemech23 about the Surly. Last I saw the 1x1, it was at IMT waiting for some of his expert mechanic skills.