Thread: Hey flipinidaho

mtbr member
    Nov 2005

Hey flipinidaho

How about them Michelin 2.2 all mountains.... I can't find anything. What made you want to inquire; what'd you hear about them??

mtbr member

Bpb

Quote Originally Posted by westin
    How about them Michelin 2.2 all mountains.... I can't find anything. What made you want to inquire; what'd you hear about them??
    Brian had them and I was looking for a rear tire for the 575. He wanted me to try them out and give him feedback since they are so new. I actually ended up putting it on my XC FS since I wanted to keep the 575 tubeless and with slightly larger tires... I hope to try them soon. Here is a pic... Nice aggressive knobs and an honest 600 grams... Looks to be a good dry summer tire.
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by flipnidaho
    Brian had them and I was looking for a rear tire for the 575. He wanted me to try them out and give him feedback since they are so new. I actually ended up putting it on my XC FS since I wanted to keep the 575 tubeless and with slightly larger tires... I hope to try them soon. Here is a pic... Nice aggressive knobs and an honest 600 grams... Looks to be a good dry summer tire.
    Front and rear specific? MSRP?
    640 g according to http://www.westernbikeworks.com/prod...il.asp?p=MIXAM which obviously didn't weigh it; paste from literature.
    What is on your 575?
    Last edited by westin; 03-14-2006 at 09:27 PM.

mtbr member

Well...

Quote Originally Posted by westin
    Front and rear specific? MSRP?
    640 g according to http://www.westernbikeworks.com/prod...il.asp?p=MIXAM which obviously didn't weigh it; paste from literature.
    What is on your 575?
    I bought it from Brian as part of a wheel package so I don't have an itemized "receipt". He did give me a little discount since it's such a new tire and he wanted feedback on them before he started recommending them to folks around town (but knowing Michelins and the fact that they're new, it probably won't be cheap MSRP). Give Brian at BPB a call for the price. Brian weighed the tire at 600 grams on the nose and my scale confirmed it. It doesn't say anything about being front or rear specific so I'm running it on the front as that is the acid test for tires around here in the summer. Heck, I don't remember seeing directional arrows on the tire at all.
    On the 575, I have Mutano 2.4 (Stans) up front and a Bontrager XR TR 2.25 (Bontrager's version of UST) with Stans also in the back. I'm not as happy with the Bonti's (more than likely because they are front specific but i'm running it in the back) but I'm keeping them on since I wanted to give UST a chance, it's a good Moab tire and wanted to try them out for the summer also (they pack up with mud and slip easily). Here is what the Bonti's look like next to the MR 2.4's.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Unicycles are for clowns
    Feb 2005
    I previously used the Bontrager TR system after seeing how light the UST tires were. However the reason they are so light is the very thin casings compared to other tubeless systems. I used their Super Juice, and Stans for this set up. I had 3 other friends using this system and all of us experienced in increase in puntures, compared to other tubeless tires. I finally gave up and went back to using Kenda, Hutchinson, and Maxxis, they weigh more, but are less prone to punctures. I would not recommend the Bontrager TR tires/system as a comparison between tubes and UST.