mtbr member
    May 2012

Helena MT 28-30April13?

Any suggestions on trails to ride that will be in decent conditions. Ill be up there for work and would like to do a couple rides 5-15 miles in length? I might hit Lewis in Clark Cavers on Sunday (weather depending). IS there any must do trails? I prefer epic single trail but I'm not in Epic shape so under 20 miles is probably necessary at this point. Ill be riding a Trail bike w/140mm front and back. Any suggestions and directions would be appreciated. Thanks

beater

Helena MT 28-30April13?

We got 4" of snow on Sunday, but it's disappearing quickly. If the next few days are in the 70s, we'll be fully clear by the weekend. Stop by the Garage (334 N Jackson) downtown and check out the big trail map and get advice on where to go. The centerpiece of the trail network is the Mount Helena Ridge trial. It's only about 7 miles; double that if you ride to the trailhead from town. Otherwise you can connect a bunch of 2-4 mile segments into whatever length you want.

If you're here in Helena and the trails are dry, I wouldn't bother driving to L&C Caverns. We only do that when we're snowed in here.
    "Back off, man. I'm a scientist." - Dr. Peter Venkman

Riding in Helena? Everything you need to know, right here.

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Thanks, Ill stop by. I'll be driving past LC caverns so it seemed convenient. However if the the trail system there is better it might make more sense just to drive straight through and go for a ride sunday afternoon/evening.

beater

Helena MT 28-30April13?

Trails will be good to go all over. I rode this afternoon and checked out a couple of the shadiest and most poorly drained trails, and they were on the dry side of tacky.

If L&C is convenient, by all means. I just meant that it wouldn't be worth day tripping from here.
    "Back off, man. I'm a scientist." - Dr. Peter Venkman

Riding in Helena? Everything you need to know, right here.