mtbr member

Heading to Jackson

Hey all,

I am headed to Jackson WY at the end of the week and wanted to try and catch some good riding. Also, is there a shop that rents squishy bikes for hitting the shuttle runs? I also, wanted to check out the new jump park around there. Any info would be great. Thanks in advance.

Ben

Cleavage Of The Tetons
    Jan 2004
    Yeah, you can rent big bikes just about everywhere, but Fitzy's (Fitzgeralds) and Wilson BC are probably best. Don;t forget about the DH trails up at Targhee, LOTS of fun to be had. Bike park is in Victor, SS or dirt-jumper is best. Are you camping? Doing any other CX rides?
    "We LOVE cows! They make trails for us.....

And then we eat them."

mtbr member

Be camping...

Hey man, yeah we will be camping, probably try to hit up bike park tomorrow mid day, then figure out the next couple days, XC or DH is fine. May not feel like renting the bike though. PM me if you want to hook up, or stop by the park tomorrow. Look for the baby blue eastern DJ bike.

Thanks,
    Ben

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    Yeah, lots of good XC riding in both valleys. Post what you are looking for and I will try to steer you in the right direction

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Sorry to jump in here. I am also coming for an 8 day vacation, staying with a friend in Victor. Looking for a little of everything. I am coming from Nederland, Colorado at about 9000'.

I am planning on riding at Targhee maybe a few days, and would like to check out Jackson as well, but I am most interested in some high elevation epics, I like to get up there and have the nice views. Also, I hear there are some great trails on Teton pass, as well as the freeride trails.

Any advice appreciated, especially some of the must do epics.

Thanks

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Hi- you can find an unending number of possible epics up in the Big Holes. Find a copy of the TVTAP biking map and go S Fork of Horseshoe to Big Hole crest to Spooky trail. We just did 2 years worth of trail work on Horseshoe and just got started on Mahoghany- so save Mahoghany for a couple years.

We have been trying to get going the discussion forum section at www.tvtap.org, but it is sortof lame, Has some good info anyway.

Give me a shout when you come through, as long as it is before Sept 17, as we are leaving town then.