Hi!!!

New question here. Has there ever been an Idaho MTBR eat,drink & BS gathering?

I know a number of people here ride together. But has there ever been a time when Boise area MTBR.com members just got together to eat, drink, and shoot the bull? I think CBro in the past has tried to put something together? I've met a number of you guys, but also haven't met a number of you guys.

Maybe something this spring? Everyone do their rides after work and then meet at like Parilla or Lucky 13 to chill for a bit. I of course will drink nothing stronger than a Coca-Cola .

Contagious Xian

BBQ & brews & root beer

Quote Originally Posted by BelaySlave
    I know a number of people here ride together. But has there ever been a time when Boise area MTBR.com members just got together to eat, drink, and shoot the bull? I think CBro in the past has tried to put something together? I've met a number of you guys, but also haven't met a number of you guys.

Maybe something this spring? Everyone do their rides after work and then meet at like Parilla or Lucky 13 to chill for a bit. I of course will drink nothing stronger than a Coca-Cola .
    One thing CBro and I talked about was hosting a mtbr BBQ when it warms up a little for the knuckleheads on the board and also a local watering hole idea would be killer. We'll be doing the Julia Davis Park rock show/free bbq in August (no brews at that one sorry) again as well (Bret - start making your song request list) so keep that in mind.

So anyway I say let's make a go of it - are you putting this together Nick??

mtbr member
    Nov 2005

L13 and Parilla..... without pissing anyone off, those places are way too crowded. The service is slow at L13 on nice days, and... never mind. How about Highlands Hollow. I know, I know. You need a place close to Camelsback Park. I swore off L13 when I saw a guy in full Euro team kit unloading his shiny new Litespeed from the Volvo, ride two blocks and sat down for some bench racing stories at Lucky 13.

King of the Barneys

Yeah, when it had rained for what felt like six weeks straight, I offered to buy a couple pitchers at the Edwards Sports Pub a couple different Friday afternoons for anybody who wanted to commiserate over the weather.

Couldn't get any takers for free beer. What's this world coming to, anyway??

Maybe we need to focus on Harrison Hollow and a couple pitchers of Figwirth and a few of their magnificent pork sandwiches that could feed a small army...

CDB
    May your trails be narrow, crooked, lonesome and dangerous, leading to the most outrageous adventures. Paladin

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Craig sound real good,
    and your backyard could probably easily handle th eENTIRE population of mtbr
    Idaho, Montana, Wyoming at least!!!!

Hi!!!
    So anyway I say let's make a go of it - are you putting this together Nick??
    Errrrr.....I like to toss out ideas. Implementing them, me not so good at it. Ah hell if there is actually any interest maybe I'll take the plunge and try to organize something. Errrr maybe.

L13 and Parilla..... without pissing anyone off, those places are way too crowded.
    Agreed. I usually eat lunch at Parilla 1-2x/week and there have been a couple times recently where all the tables inside were packed and I had to eat outside in freezing weather. And they chained up most of the stools so I had to stand at their concrete bar and freeze my arse off.

How about Highlands Hollow.
    I'm down with that. Close enough to CB where we can all ride our bikes there.

...magnificent pork sandwiches...
    Mmmmm....me likes the pork!!! I betcha those taste good with a nice cold Coca-Cola!!!! Jeez I can't remember the last time I had a beer.

Soooooo....

Other than the people that responded in this thread....is there any interest for this type of thing?

I'm cool with a weekday night say around 7pm sometime this spring. That gives enough time for everyone to get in a Dork Loop ride after work and then truck over to HH for a lil' bit.

Hi!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bombin4X
    One thing CBro and I talked about was hosting a mtbr BBQ when it warms up a little for the knuckleheads on the board ......
    Hey doesn't CB have a grill pit tucked in the corner? If I had a truck I'd bring over my gas grill. Heck I'd even supply the dang charcoal if someone did the grilling.

------

And on a related note.....

Doesn't my girl Brandi Swindell live somewhere in the North End? I should invite her!!!! *drools*

mtbr member

I love free beer

well, I love all beer really. lets keep it real and not go to hyde park. I can bring a tapper if dudes get a keg. I'm sure EP would bring some KY or lubriderm, whichever ya'll require for these events. Keep me posted

Sheepherder/Cat Herder Moderator
    KY with the Warming Touch...strictly for massage.....rrrriiiightt.
    ...building wherever they'll let me...

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Visicypher
    KY with the Warming Touch...strictly for massage.....rrrriiiightt.
    Strictly for massage, hahahahaha. Maybe a "massage" at Tokyo Palace.

King of the Barneys
    Hey doesn't CB have a grill pit tucked in the corner? If I had a truck I'd bring over my gas grill. Heck I'd even supply the dang charcoal if someone did the grilling.

------

And on a related note.....

Doesn't my girl Brandi Swindell live somewhere in the North End? I should invite her!!!! *drools*
    I had lunch with her Wednesday, and she asked if she's been lampooned lately on our board. I told her it's toned down a bit since she lost the election, but I would still be surprised if she would deign to attend our post-ride mixer, but I could be wrong, often am, but never admit it.

CDB
    May your trails be narrow, crooked, lonesome and dangerous, leading to the most outrageous adventures. Paladin