mtbr member
    Oct 2006

Is The Grandjean to Stanley Lake Trail Bikeable?

So, I'm using googlemaps to put together a bike tour from Boise to Stanley to Ketchum and back and one segment of the route had me taking the Idaho Centennial Trail from Grandjean to Stanley Lake. Prolly not gonna do it on a loaded touring bike but from the pictures posted by others, it looks like some pretty sweet singletrack.

Anyone have any beta?

Look out!
    Does it go through the wilderness area? If so then legally speaking no. Of course, its none of my business where you choose to ride your bike. Post some pics if you do so I can try it, or not.
    Ride the bike.

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    I have hiked that trail and it does enter the SNRA which is closed to mechanized vehicles. Good luck on your ride , I mean walk.

26er
    Quote Originally Posted by mces View Post
    I have hiked that trail and it does enter the SNRA which is closed to mechanized vehicles. Good luck on your ride , I mean walk.
    It is not the SNRA that makes it illegal it is the wilderness. I once road from Stanley lake to the wilderness boundary to hike up observation peak. I got very close to the peak until I hit the boundary so you could easily skirt the boundary with some hike a bike. I would recommend doing it from Stanley Lake to Grand jean though.
    Live to ride!

Cannondale Jekyll Carbon 1
    Cannondale Trigger Carbon 2
    Transition Bottle Rocket
    Niner MCR 29er Hardtail