mtbr member
    Feb 2004

Gardner Peak trail work July 18th

Another trail work day up at Gardner Peak. Same routine meet at Highland School at 9:30 am leaving at 10:00 am. We will provide energy drinks, water and snacks. We will be getting back to Boise around 5:00 PM for Pizza and Beer or your beverage of choice. For those of you that do not have all day an hour or two would be appreciated.

Were getting close!

mtbr member

anyone heading up earlier?

anyone heading up earlier?

i don't mean to complicate things...just curious.

if there is a group heading up earlier..say..leaving at 9 or 8:30...i'd be down for going then and working for a few more hours.

we're planning to hit up the brewfest and twilight this weekend. i imagine others might be interested in these downtown events too.

with that said..i'm planning to put in a few hours...(hopefully ride down dry creek)...before the other events.

http://www.idahogreenexpo.org/PDF/Ec...d_Final_Ad.pdf

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    I'm going to try and make it. By the way, where is Gardner Peak? Doug

Contagious Xian
    Aw crappers I'll be out of town for this.

mtbr member
    !@#$!@#$ another horseshow in the way. An hour of hurry up and wait in the morning and I don't get to go dig. Anyone up for Sunday?
    Oh sh!+ just force upgraded to cat1. Now what?
    Best thing about an ultra marathon? I just get to ride my bike for X hours!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by AlliKat
    !@#$!@#$ another horseshow in the way. An hour of hurry up and wait in the morning and I don't get to go dig. Anyone up for Sunday?
    I would like to head up Sunday, if it's a go. PM me the details if you wish.

-Thanks!

J

mtbr member
    is there a head count on who is heading up?>?

i'm planning to be up there.

but, i'm thinking of heading up to bogus - leaving the valley @ 8am - catching a ride with my wife and her friend who plan to hike around.

riding around the mtn. and then heading over to 275C (gate) to meet the trail crew.

anticipating you guys get there around 10:40-10:50 if you leave at 10 am.

i'll be able to work for a few hours. and would like to drop down dry creek or shingle creek and head home from there before heading downtown for the brewfest and twilight crit. so, i'll probably work 'til 3ish.

beer is good
    I will be there.
    Probably ride back down Dry ck. too.
    see ya
    Steve
    "looking California, feeling Minnesota"

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    mmmm...wish I could come help...want to ride my bike down too...I am going to go cry...

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    I am planning on heading up also, not sure if I will make it up with the group or fly up there solo as my schedule permits but hope to be up there not much later than 11.

mtbr member
    I cannot do saturday.. Haven't heard anything on Sunday. If a second group can go up sunday, I'll try. Maybe I'll email Dan or Mike

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Meeker is meeting people early if they are interested. He will be in the parking lot at Highlands elementary and will be leaving at 8:00 am.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    So how did it go? Wish I could have gone....watching kids all day while the wife went to multiple baby showers! Did anyone die in the heat?

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    A fantatic turnout and the weather was amazingly not an issue. It blows my mind how those north faces are almost a whole new ecosystem. I personally didn't think it felt hot until we walked back to the cars at the end. I commented to my buddy that if there is a new trail network going in, that backside is absolutely the perfect place because of the relief from the heat.

Trail is super close to pushing through, couple more days like Saturday and it will have.

mtbr member
    I'm jealous of you guys. I drove to the airport to pick up one daughter. took the other to a horse show. finished hurry up and wait at 2. Twilight Crit was entertaining though.

Contagious Xian
    Man somebody post some pics. I just got back into town and am dying to see what work was done!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bombin4X
    Man somebody post some pics. I just got back into town and am dying to see what work was done!
    As requested...

I rode Gardener today, and I REALLY like what is being done. Here's a few pics,

The already "infamous" bar grabber

A cool catwalk

The rock drop-this is really cool, but looks like it will need some work yet to make the runout work

Another view

It was late in the day and I was on the bike and didnt have the shoes for hiking. Next time I go up I plan to have a lot of time and a shovel in my hand.

mtbr member
    A cool shot I caught on the way down.

Fly fat ass fly !
    The drop is fine . Just stay right of the rock and in the groove.
    By not allowing the progression of trails your cheating everyone out of their potential.
    DEITYCOMPONENTS.COM

gringo-fied facsimiles

nice feature

dropable, rollable, huckable.... one question though, any thoughts on how youz guyz are going to connect it to the rest of the trail?
    http://www.bradwaltonphoto.com
    "you slow whitted rectal beltch" -sp

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Trail should traverse above it and then basically switch back into the run in area. They were cutting that traverse on the 18th but don't think they made it that far. Plan is to stay as high as possible across there.