Barneys Unite!

Gardiner Peak Trail Celebration Saturday 10/24!

The Gardiner Peak trail is finished! The SWIMBA trail crew and volunteers have been working on the trail for over two years. Built in collaboration with the National Forest Service, the trail has something for everyone - fast, bermed corners, technical sections, and ride-arounds for the less adventurous. This trail will eventually be part of a trail system that encircles Shafer Butte and Deer Point at the Bogus Basin Recreation Area.

Help SWIMBA celebrate the completion of this great, new trail on Saturday, October 24, from 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM in the main parking lot at Bogus Basin. There will be rides on the new trail, refreshments and a BBQ to help celebrate this enormous achievement. Look for the SWIMBA tent!

In order to help us estimate the number of attendees, please RSVP with a head count to: rides@swimba.org.

Hope to see you there!

Barneys Unite!
    Thanks to all who came up the mountain and rode the new trail! About 30 people - beer, hot dogs, cold hands and feet ---- it just doesn't get any better.

Congratulations to the SWIMBA trail team for a great new trail!

mtnjam
    thanks for organizing this event SWIMBA, gardiner is a great trail.

thanks go out to mike and erin? for offering to drive my rig back down the mountain.

good thing too, because i ended up breakin my scapula on the moto cutoff on the ridge road just before you get to where bumpies takes off to the east. thanks to jerry, brett, and mike for getting me down dry creek.
    Just ride down there and jump off something for crying out loud...

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    Dude, that is where Jud broke his helmet this year. Bummer to hear.