Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Funeral Procession on Bikes for Nick

1K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  Big Jim Mac 
#1 ·
I just talked to Nicks brother, Larry and he is talking about inviting Nicks MT Bike friends to lead the funeral processions on their bikes. The decision on whether or not they do this will be made tomorrow. If this is something the family decides to do and you want to be involved in it keep an eye on this post for more info. Larry would like to see everyone riding in their favorite biking jerseys for this ride. The procession will go from the church to the funeral about 5 miles away. This is not a set in stone thing right now so keep watching for updates. Larry also said that they have already had a Mass for Nick and the services at 2 should not be more than 20 to 30 minutes long, he said that he understands not everyone is Catholic and wants everyone to feel comfortable and understand that some traditional Catholic ceremonies will be conducted but nothing obtrusive to others.

Also Larry wanted to thank everyone for their thoughts and prayers and asks that if anyone has any pictures or stories about Nick to send them to:

l.raganit@att.net

#3 ·
I talked to Nick's brother Larry, today, and the others, and they said if we want to do it, they think it would be cool. It would involve riding bikes in front of the hearse, from the funeral home to the cemetary, probably 5 miles or less.

They also recommended dressing casual, such as Hawaiian shirts.
CDB

#6 ·
I wont be able to ride

I wont be riding because i will have my daughter with me, but I think the Mt. Bikes was the Idea because that was what he was doing when he passed away. But I dont think anyone would care what kind of bike you ride.

#9 ·
Final pics for Nick

Pretty glad we didn't do the riding procession - I would've keeled over it was so hot and much too far to ride..

I took some pics for the folks who couldn't make it today. I thought it would be acceptable/appropriate to share since so many couldn't get off from work to attend. It was a nice service and the reception had some great food and fellowship. Was good to see all who were able to attend, and we missed those of you that couldn't...Nick was buried next to his father Francisco out in Caldwell.

Mahalo Nick for the good times Big Guy. You'll be missed...

Attachments

#11 ·
Agreed, WAY too hot to ride to the cemetary. A really nice turnout I thought, family and friends. Nick has a really great family, that I think we all now truely feel part of. Yummy food, good friends, and the celebration of the life of a truely one-of-a-kind man!

#12 ·
Nice shot of his license plate, B4x, and here I'd been so strong and hadn't gotten all teary-eyed and you have to go and post that. :nono:

CDB

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.