Thread: fun in Moab

mtbr member

fun in Moab

Seven of us played around in Maob this weekend. (sorry no pics yet). We had a great time....as always. This was the first time for 4 of the seven.

Day one: travel and slickrock. No matter what gary says I NEVER get board wit this ride.
    Day two: poison spider/portal. I now can say that I rode(but mainly walked) portal. Don't think I will do it again though. Poison spider was a tough ride but lots o fun.
    upper porc singletrack/porc: We heard there is a higher start to porc. We drove another 6 miles up the road. It was still a bit early. It was very muddy and snowy at the start. There was one sttepp snow covered part that we had to steady with the bike and slide down a 20 foot ice slide. Definite bike bath after this ride.
    Day 3: sovereign- always a fun ride. There wereseveral that thought this was the best one.
    amasa back

hope to go back in the fall. I would love to try the whole porc ride. Sure puts the "difficult" sections here into perspective. Heck if I lived down there for a season I would get as brave as greg!!

swede
    I just don't understand my wife....she thinks its nuts to ride when the temperature is in the 20's....go figure

Contagious Xian

Good job! Killer time in MO

Can't wait to get down there in exactly 1 month - thanks for the report Swede!

mtbr member
    Feb 2004

Spa?

Did your buddy decide to go to Moab or the Spa?

Hope the sandy sections of Poison Spider were wet enough to ride but not as wet as the last ride with you in the Owyhee. BTW, great riding with you and son. Hope he had fun.