mtbr member
    Nov 2005

Is Freeride Bikes/Custom Bikes still in biz?

I called for days (mid week), and no one answered. Finally someone picked up. I asked if they had any 20mm hubs.

No.

Asked if they had any Rock Shox Pikes in stock (since they are a RS dealer or so I presumed from their RS logo on the site).

No.

Do you have any "all mountain" type rims?

No.

The guy (not John) kind of chuckled as if he broke into the house, decided to pick up the phone to play pretend and thought it was funny they had nothing but a thief making his way through the side shop. But I knew he was a real bike shop employee when he muttered the phrase "but we can special order it for you."

My reply....

No.

But it's not as bad as Hyde Park Cycles. I thought moon cabbage Shawn Grossman had weird hours (open at noon, closed by 3 on days with the letter E, not open the day after Nationals west of the Mississippi, and definitely not open 7 days before or after a Phish, Dead or Stranger Neighbor show) but the new guy never picks the phone up.

Okay. Rant over. Wendy's 99 cent frosty always makes me moody.

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    I pass that "shop/house" every night on my way home and did recently notice that the "Freeride Bikes" sign that used to be out front was no longer there.

TRAIL KUBUKI CORNDOGGER
    I think they merged with these guys: http://www.custommtncycles.com/ (sorry, link tool not working). At least the http://www.custommtncycles.com guys are a local Turner lacky.
    Nobody cares what kind of bike you ride.

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    Interesting, the address at that link (Lander) looks to be the same location as Freeride. Is the phone number the same too?

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by AdamW
    Interesting, the address at that link (Lander) looks to be the same location as Freeride. Is the phone number the same too?
    Yep and yep.

mtbr member
    Jan 2006

Christian Rock...

...is proof that GoD hates us and wants us to suffer.
    You're just a genetic material transport vessel. Nothing more...nothing less."

Contagious Xian

very creative

Quote Originally Posted by toiletsnake
    ...is proof that GoD hates us and wants us to suffer.
    I sure do like the original unmangled quote from Ben Franklin better than yours. You must be a big Stryper fan then?

Back of the pack fat guy
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by westin
    ...moon cabbage Shawn Grossman....
    Isn't that redundant? And, way too kind?

King of the Barneys
    Quote Originally Posted by Bombin4X
    I sure do like the original unmangled quote from Ben Franklin better than yours. You must be a big Stryper fan then?
    You mean his quote about Beer?

He published a book entitled, "Fart Proudly." No kidding. My kids wouldn't believe it until I proved it to them. He's one of my heroes.

CDB
    Christian Rock is hit or miss. Christian Metal, on the other hand...
    May your trails be narrow, crooked, lonesome and dangerous, leading to the most outrageous adventures. Paladin

Contagious Xian

Yes that's the one

Quote Originally Posted by CBro
    You mean his quote about Beer?
    And I know you take that beer quote VERY seriously CBro....

I might have to defer to Crash_Burn for a ruling if these guys qualify for "worshipjamz" but enough about this - I wanna hear all the smack about dh ss racing instead and if we can get a recumbant category added to the banzia (just kidding, I'm going to enter the Banzai).
    Attached Images Attached Images