Thread: Flip Esthetics

Hoops - Big and Small

Flip Esthetics

G managed to put a bug in my brain - Here's the after picture, If you can tell what I did give yourself a star.
    Attached Images Attached Images

rbtm member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Crash_Burn
    G managed to put a bug in my brain - Here's the after picture, If you can tell what I did give yourself a star.
    To help reduce the all important "rotational weight" you no longer ride with tires, tubes or rimstrips?
    [SIZE=1]"The mouth of justice contemplates wisdom."[/SIZE]

Sheepherder/Cat Herder Moderator
    Dinglespeed? or the offset in the brake pads? or did you get the floor really clean? which? (Remember, I am a lil' off)
    ...building wherever they'll let me...

Hoops - Big and Small

Brakes Be It

Quote Originally Posted by Visicypher
    Dinglespeed? or the offset in the brake pads? or did you get the floor really clean? which? (Remember, I am a lil' off)
    The first thing G says when he see's my bike - man don't you hate when you look at the rear brakes and they look offset. I shimmed the brake posts so the brake arms are parallel with the seat stays. Took me a bit to get them this close. I hope he's happy.

Oh Yeah, Flush twice and clear that damn bowl.

On the flushing note, those pressured toilets strangely are scary and intriguing all at once. Scary
    'cause of the force of the flush. Intriguing 'cause somewhere along the line..err bowl...some person thought "I wonder if I can force ye' ole turd down the hole with pressurized shot of water". I wonder what thoughts led to that light bulb goin' off. Probably the "I hate to flush twice 'cause it really announces I took a big digger so I better invent something" thought.

It really is strange what you think about when you sit on a bike for too long. By the way, it is cool you got the brakes lined up. My dilemnas today is the amount of load (drag) my Paul tensioner is putting on my SS drivetrain, a cruiser drivetrain rebuild/overhaul, and two race bike overhauls.

I really miss my long rides on the Ridge.

mtbr member

hmmmm...

The first thing G says when he see's my bike - man don't you hate when you look at the rear brakes and they look offset. I shimmed the brake posts so the brake arms are parallel with the seat stays. Took me a bit to get them this close. I hope he's happy.

Oh Yeah, Flush twice and clear that damn bowl.

the noodle angle is still out of spec...hehe

Hoops - Big and Small

King of the Load

It really is strange what you think about when you sit on a bike for too long. By the way, it is cool you got the brakes lined up. My dilemnas today is the amount of load (drag) my Paul tensioner is putting on my SS drivetrain, a cruiser drivetrain rebuild/overhaul, and two race bike overhauls.
    I really miss my long rides on the Ridge.
    You ever try putting a untethered chainring inside the chain in between the crank and cog - I've seen pictures never tried it though.

The ridge is calling - it's very loud.

Untethered? Is that like saying you are in an open relationship?

When the Ridge opens up, I'll be so happy.

mtbr member

once...

You ever try putting a untethered chainring inside the chain in between the crank and cog - I've seen pictures never tried it though.

The ridge is calling - it's very loud.
    i tried that once but the "fit" depends on the design of your chainstays and how much slack you have. On the Jester, it rubbed a little on the stays so i ended up with a tensioner... i'm not sure how well it will hold up when it's rough also...

battling the noodle!!! I could go SOOOO many places with that.....EP what do you think?

26er

sloppy

Quote Originally Posted by flipnidaho
    the noodle angle is still out of spec...hehe
    I was also thinking that too..you have a crooked noodle that is a bike fashion no..no.

I have not worked on those brakes in years, but I still remember battling the noddle
    Live to ride!

Cannondale Jekyll Carbon 1
    Cannondale Trigger Carbon 2
    Transition Bottle Rocket
    Niner MCR 29er Hardtail

Back of the pack fat guy
    Jan 2004
    EP what do you think?
    I think 2 things.

First, I think Crash_burn has a lot of free time to be worrying whether his brakes are lined up. Sheesh - I thought I was anal about my bikes, but this takes the cake.

Second, I think I need another beer.

mtbr member

and one more thing...

the left brake arm is about 3mm further out than the right arm... How can you live with that?

Hoops - Big and Small

Coke Fiendin

Quote Originally Posted by flipnidaho
    the left brake arm is about 3mm further out than the right arm... How can you live with that?
    You guys are stressing me out...now I'am going to have to get a dime bag a stay up all night measuring my brake arms making sure they are within tolerance. Man I need a fix.

You'll need a suppository w/your baggie. Hahaha.