mtbr member
    Jun 2009

First ride we rode east side #120

Today was our first real ride second ever. Last weekend we rode at Veldome park with the boy (8 years old) for a couple hours, but he went with his grandma for the weekend and we figured we would try something harder. Loved it. I found a new hobby for sure. We parked at a pull-off just past the towers when you hit the trees and road the pavement up to bogus and then down Eastside. enjoyed it so much that we are driving back again in the morning and do it again. I would like to give a big thanks to "Dirt Monkey" for the great directions.

Look out!
    Hah! Now you're hooked. Welcome to the bike tribe. May you ride many miles and many years and experience that joy of yesterday with every ride.
    Ride the bike.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    We this morning sucked. We were on our way back to bogus to hit the first part of eastside then hit stinker creek to mr big trail over to stack rock and finish at the bottum of eastside trail and when we hit the new construction between caldwell and meridian and poof goes the tire on the car. I don't feel real comfortable with a donut tire on bogus road so we are going to eat breakfast and head home. Have to wait till next weekend.

mtbr member
    Hey jj53913,

Sorry to hear about your flat!

I was just curious where the singletrack to climb out hits BB Road. We went up Friday for the first time and ended up climbing back up Eastside as we weren't certain where to go without crossing private property (which I'm a bit paranoid about - no dually banjo encounters needed). On our drive back I was trying to figure out where the trail met the road but to no avail.

PS: To those who built those trails-THANK YOU! It was glorious!
    Just trying to set my inner athlete free!

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    These are the directions I got and they got me to were I needed. I hope they help you

Here is the best way to find the exit at the bottom. Drive up Bogus basin rd. when you get into the trees, you will soon see some radio towers on the left side, (towards stack rock, if you know where that is) Once you get to the point where you see the side road on your left that accesses the towers (there will be a big pine tree with a sign on it, straight down the road) pass this road, and continue on BB rd. exactly 5 turns. At this point you will see a dirt pull out on the shoulder that is on your left side. (there is often a car or 2 parked there. Park here.(on the downhill side of the road) You will see an unmarked single track that comes up to the side of the road, this is the trail out, often called "final exam" This trail was created to avoid travel on the 2 track that comes out by the radio tower access road (now private property). If you drop down this single track, only a short distance you will find it intersects with a wider trail (but not really 2 track) follow this down around the corner and start a gradual decent. If you immediately hit a good sized woop, you know you are on the right track. Follow this a mile or 2. Keep a close eye on your right. There is a marker where the eastside Tr (#120) will converge with the trail you are on (It will be real easy to miss as you head down hill.) This is the easiest way I know to give you the route out. Once you go in, find #120 and back track out, you will know the way. Once you know where you are going, I reccommend parking at the pull out, ride up BB rd. and drop in Eastside

blet drive
    Quote Originally Posted by jj53913
    Today was our first real ride second ever. Last weekend we rode at Veldome park with the boy (8 years old) for a couple hours, but he went with his grandma for the weekend and we figured we would try something harder. Loved it. I found a new hobby for sure. We parked at a pull-off just past the towers when you hit the trees and road the pavement up to bogus and then down Eastside. enjoyed it so much that we are driving back again in the morning and do it again. I would like to give a big thanks to "Dirt Monkey" for the great directions.
    you can all so check with bomin4x about some rides he runs the local bomb group
    Save a tree & wipe your butt with an owl.
    Thank your local Sierra Club.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by JUNGLEKID5
    you can all so check with bomin4x about some rides he runs the local bomb group
    Thankyou I will have to contact him. Being new to the mountainbikes and not knowing anyone that is into it and living an hour from the Boise area Im pretty unknowlagable on the avalible trails. I just know a couple places that you can park and ride from but don't know what trails are good and which are fair

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jj53913

Good to hear that it worked out and was a success! -bummer about the flat though....For being new to mtb, and not living very close to the trails, it sounds like you are starting out right, hitting the good trails and getting the payback rewards!

mtbr member
    Thanks for the info!
    Just trying to set my inner athlete free!