mtbr member
    Nov 2004

Finally, good enough to ride again

Trails aren't totally dry. I didn't have any intentions today because I didn't know what would be dryest. Hulls rides like it's paved. I would guess all the other gully trails are soaked. Bob's would be a mess still.

Check out my butt:

Contagious Xian

Nice shot Brad

That is an awesome sunset shot!

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    Haha, I'm getting better at the self-timer. However, I should make a late-New Year's resolution to stop pissing everybody off so there's more people to share these hand-holding moments with. Not joking. Still funny to think about though.

Rocks Rock

Missed ya man

You should have come with Nels and I we had a blast. Table Rock was to wet so we did some asphalt to Rocky Canyon Road to Five Mile Creek up the trail a few miles and back. Lucky I was with Nels. My Stans dryed up and I got my first flat from a puncture in years and the tube I had with me was a schrader for my East Coast bike. Nels to the rescue, thanx Dude.
    When we teach all children from age 5 on to meditate just 1 hour per week on compassion war will end within 3 generations.

gringo-fied facsimiles

Gee 23, just had to call.

Quote Originally Posted by bikemech23
    Trails aren't totally dry. I didn't have any intentions today because I didn't know what would be dryest. Hulls rides like it's paved. I would guess all the other gully trails are soaked. Bob's would be a mess still.

Check out my butt:

I would have eagerly joined in on the mega dork loop, I was just sitting around brewing over $600 in brakes for my truck. I don't board but you know I am always up for a ride.

Back of the pack fat guy
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by impdude
    Table Rock was to wet...
    I keep telling you people that Tablerock is almost always too wet in the winter...something about the soil content on TR holds all the moisture and makes it unrideable until mid to late spring. Sounds like you guys did have a good ride anyway. Maybe I'll head over in that same direction today.

Back of the pack fat guy
    Jan 2004
    However, I should make a late-New Year's resolution to stop pissing everybody off so there's more people to share these hand-holding moments with.
    As the resident poster who probably does more pissing off on this board than all else combined, maybe I should make the same resolution. Naw, where's the fun in that?

Rocks Rock

Yea I know.

Quote Originally Posted by Earthpig
    I keep telling you people that Tablerock is almost always too wet in the winter...something about the soil content on TR holds all the moisture and makes it unrideable until mid to late spring. Sounds like you guys did have a good ride anyway. Maybe I'll head over in that same direction today.
    But I just love the place and sometimes it freeze dries. Need to go it the am.
    When we teach all children from age 5 on to meditate just 1 hour per week on compassion war will end within 3 generations.

TRAIL KUBUKI CORNDOGGER
    Haha, I'm getting better at the self-timer.
    Let's see some self-timed big air shots.

Nels and Impdude - I saw you guys flying down Rcky Cyn yesterday. I was on my CX..
    Nobody cares what kind of bike you ride.

beer is good
    Yeah, we thought that was you and we stopped, but by then
    we figured you were too far to catch, so on down we went.
    On a side note, traction on RC road below the snow and ice
    was great, and you could really get flyin.
    Steve
    "looking California, feeling Minnesota"

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Earthpig
    As the resident poster who probably does more pissing off on this board than all else combined, maybe I should make the same resolution. Naw, where's the fun in that?
    Ditto. Drink. Scratch.

mtbr member
    May 2004

Litte road riding today

Haha, I'm getting better at the self-timer. However, I should make a late-New Year's resolution to stop pissing everybody off so there's more people to share these hand-holding moments with. Not joking. Still funny to think about though.
    Brad I saw you at IMT and was going to say hello but you must have gone on lunch
    so Happy New year to ya.

I rode my MTB with the Lactic Acid Club, we road in the rain from IMT to Beacon Light and
    almost to Hwy 16 - not a bad little fitness ride for rain (which stopped)

Back of the pack fat guy
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by impdude
    But I just love the place and sometimes it freeze dries. Need to go it the am.
    Yeah, I'm with you. It gets so frustrating living so close to some really fun trails and not being able to ride them 5 months out of the year. I've learned my lesson more than once trying to ride TR when it was too wet. Back in my newbie days in '97, I rode up the main TR trail one unseasonably warm February day. My wheels got so gummed with that ultra-sticky mud that I couldn't spin them. Not knowing any better, I took the front wheel off and beat the crap out of it on the ground, trying to shake the mud off. Not only did the mud stay on, but I bent the rim so bad it had to be replaced! I've tried other times to venture out on TR when it was too wet and finally learned my lesson. Oh well, at least Hulls is a short drive away!