Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    roar

fickle Idaho weather...

So whats up with this crazy weather?!? Im starting a new thread not because I don't have lotsa work to do, but because I don't wanna do it. This morning it was 50 degrees and breezy... I was getting really excited cause those conditions are perfect for trail drying... well then the rain started. The clouds look threatening, but its not raining anymore so I'm crossing my fingers and knocking on wood...

I went out to the Owyhees Sat. afternoon with a different group of folks (first time ever)! It was beautiful and the ride was a good time other than the super choppy trail sections. Even that couldnt ruin the ride. The weather and the company were great. Sunday I went on a bigish ride too, checking out trails I hadn't been on since Oct or Nov. Who knows what the rain did since, but on Sunday all of Corralls was really great. So was sidewinder, and the connecting trail from Hulls to the upper parking lot. I went up Hard Guy too. It was great all the way up to within about 1/2 mile of the top. It was like an immediate change from nice and dry to totally muddy and snowy. The entire way up was paved with elk sign. Right along side all the way up and down the trail, freakin huge, very fresh cat tracks. That kiddy really liked the idea of elk.
    Whenever I haul a$$ I have to take two trips.

mtbr member
    We're getting rain up here in McCall and by the looks of it the snow level is about 6000'. Yuck. Probably only the summit chair at Tam will be good or the top of Brundage if you don't mind riding the chair wet. Well, if I try to put a spin on it, at least the snow/ice on the roads will melt and maybe I can dig out my converted mtb/roadie after it passes. Maybe someone's a kayaker and will be excited by the flows?

TRAIL KUBUKI CORNDOGGER
    Brah. When I was growing up it rained a couple of inches a day and froze solid at night. Snowline was always above the top of the highest chairlift and the ground was covered with goatheads. Bikes were made out of galvanized steel pipes and you couldn't buy tires wider that 0.75". Drinking beer was illegal and Pot was a dictator in Cambodia named Paul. You kids got it easy and I'm double parked. Brah.
    Nobody cares what kind of bike you ride.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by TwistedCrank
    Brah. When I was growing up it rained a couple of inches a day and froze solid at night. Snowline was always above the top of the highest chairlift and the ground was covered with goatheads. Bikes were made out of galvanized steel pipes and you couldn't buy tires wider that 0.75". Drinking beer was illegal and Pot was a dictator in Cambodia named Paul. You kids got it easy and I'm double parked. Brah.
    Bruddah, except for the snowline thing, it sounds like you grew up in Utah like me

King of the Barneys

Wed afternoon 03/01

Quote Originally Posted by rocknrollbarbie
    So whats up with this crazy weather?!? Im starting a new thread not because I don't have lotsa work to do, but because I don't wanna do it. This morning it was 50 degrees and breezy... I was getting really excited cause those conditions are perfect for trail drying... well then the rain started. The clouds look threatening, but its not raining anymore so I'm crossing my fingers and knocking on wood... .
    Foothills Trail Conditions, anyone? Tx.

CDB
    May your trails be narrow, crooked, lonesome and dangerous, leading to the most outrageous adventures. Paladin

roar

sun and wind

G and I went out last night up hulls back down kestrel. It was in good condition. Looks like the wind did some good. Judging by the way things look outside now, the trails should be in decent shape. The wind and the sun are really going to help. I wouldnt try the mil reserve though.

mtbr member
    May 2004

Well if that's the case

G and I went out last night up hulls back down kestrel. It was in good condition. Looks like the wind did some good. Judging by the way things look outside now, the trails should be in decent shape. The wind and the sun are really going to help. I wouldnt try the mil reserve though.
    today is cardio day, so think maybe I'll go climb around the foothills rather than
    hit the exercise bike at Golds.......

If anyone wants to join I should be geared up and ready to go by 4:45.
    Been starting at the singletrack just behind Camels Back Apts but am flexible
    if not have a good evening everyone and will check weather.com again tomorrow.
    It's looking like Sunday might be better for the Owyees but who knows and depends on peoples schedules too - I hope that rain/wind doesn't show!

I'll check this one more time at home while suiting up to see if anyone else wants to ride with me tonight!
    Last edited by mtnbkrdr98; 03-01-2006 at 02:49 PM. Reason: ride

the new Gilbert Grape
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnbkrdr98
    I'm up for a ride. I was planning on a short night ride, but this could work. Which ones are the Camels Back Apts?

I'll be riding up 13th from my house.
    Each bicycle owned exponentially increases the probability that none is working correctly.

mtbr member
    May 2004

They are the first ones on 15th on the Right side after the Hill Rd Intersection

Quote Originally Posted by laffeaux
    I'm up for a ride. I was planning on a short night ride, but this could work. Which ones are the Camels Back Apts?

I'll be riding up 13th from my house.
    Eric,
    the trail starts right by the crosswalk
    I'll be there 4:45 and will wait until 5 if necc

the new Gilbert Grape
    Eric,
    the trail starts right by the crosswalk
    I'll be there 4:45 and will wait until 5 if necc
    Sorry I missed you. I wasn't sure what you meant bt the crosswalk, so I hung out around the park until about 4:50. Then, as I was biking up the trail toward the crosswalk, it suddenly hit me: "Oh, that crosswalk!"

Anyway, I ran into CBro about 5 minutes later and we did a loop together. The trails and weather were perfect!!
    Each bicycle owned exponentially increases the probability that none is working correctly.

the new Gilbert Grape
    I waited for you until a bit after 5. Sorry for the not so clear directions.
    But 15th St up the hill a bit with Camels BAck Apts on your right, then you come to a trailhead, that's where the little crosswalk is they just put down I think.

Anyway, glad you guys had a ride. Windy huh?
    Okay, I still had the wrong crosswalk then. I thought that you were waiting at the one that crosses 8th street. :| I'll know for next time. Sorry to make you wait.

We went up Kestrel, down Hulls, and back on Chickadee. And yes, it was very windy!!!!

mtbr member
    May 2004

Glad you rode

Quote Originally Posted by laffeaux
    Sorry I missed you. I wasn't sure what you meant bt the crosswalk, so I hung out around the park until about 4:50. Then, as I was biking up the trail toward the crosswalk, it suddenly hit me: "Oh, that crosswalk!"

Anyway, I ran into CBro about 5 minutes later and we did a loop together. The trails and weather were perfect!!
    I waited for you until a bit after 5. Sorry for the not so clear directions.
    But 15th St up the hill a bit with Camels BAck Apts on your right, then you come to a trailhead, that's where the little crosswalk is they just put down I think.

Anyway, glad you guys had a ride. Windy huh?

King of the Barneys
    today is cardio day, so think maybe I'll go climb around the foothills rather than
    hit the exercise bike at Golds.......

if not have a good evening everyone and will check weather.com again tomorrow.
    It's looking like Sunday might be better for the Owyees but who knows and depends on peoples schedules too - I hope that rain/wind doesn't show!

I'll check this one more time at home while suiting up to see if anyone else wants to ride with me tonight!

Dang! Sorry I didn't see this Darrel, or I would have sought you out for the ride. I had to run down to the Capitol for some work, and then went ahead to CB Park. In Hulls Grove, this turqoise Yeti overtakes me, and it was Eric, so we BS'ed and rode and had a great time. That guy is fast.

CDB
    May your trails be narrow, crooked, lonesome and dangerous, leading to the most outrageous adventures. Paladin

mtbr member
    May 2004

I enjoyed a bit of foothills climbing

Quote Originally Posted by CBro
    Dang! Sorry I didn't see this Darrel, or I would have sought you out for the ride. I had to run down to the Capitol for some work, and then went ahead to CB Park. In Hulls Grove, this turqoise Yeti overtakes me, and it was Eric, so we BS'ed and rode and had a great time. That guy is fast.

CDB
    Windy!
    Went up the ridge above 8th then up the freeway and Sidewinder.
    then just back down same way.

I'm looking forward to getting the DHX Air on the 5 Spot. Also, finding out
    I like the Fox Float a lot better with not much rebound damping, just a couple clicks.

Hi!!!
    Man this ain't a good day.

Sorta got dumped this morning.

Saw that it was raining so I said screw it and only brought clothes for Spinning. Now the sun is out and I'm itching to be outside, but one cannot run in flip flops or cycling shoes.

Lovely.

Sheepherder/Cat Herder Moderator
    Downhill we go....

A good spackle always makes you feel alive. I especially like the ones that REQUIRE you to be in the handicap stall AND use the handles for leverage. Yeah, that is what I am talking about.

They say I'm not quite right....
    ...building wherever they'll let me...

Sheepherder/Cat Herder Moderator
    It is always a good day if you are above ground and breathing without the assistance of a machine.
    ...building wherever they'll let me...

Back of the pack fat guy
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Visicypher
    It is always a good day if you are above ground and breathing without the assistance of a machine.
    And a nice malt liquor spackle to begin the day is always helpful too.

TRAIL KUBUKI CORNDOGGER
    Quote Originally Posted by Visicypher
    They say I'm not quite right....
    At least you haven't had a colon resection and are required to carry a bag. Me? I gotta go feed the snakes.

roar
    Emptying colostomy bags... all in a days work. Did it yesterday. Um, it wasnt mine either.

TRAIL KUBUKI CORNDOGGER
    Emptying colostomy bags... all in a days work. Did it yesterday. Um, it wasnt mine either.
    That's a little more than I needed to know thank you very much.

Hi!!!

Man that can't be enjoyable....

Hi!!!
    Aw criminy. I thought it was suppose to be "OK" today and decided to bring my road bike, but now it's snowing . Doesn't look like it's sticking though so hopefully I should be good to go later today. Hopefully a ride will clear out my sinuses. Errrr probably make 'em worse eh?

Back of the pack fat guy
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by BelaySlave
    Aw criminy. I thought it was suppose to be "OK" today and decided to bring my road bike, but now it's snowing . Doesn't look like it's sticking though so hopefully I should be good to go later today. Hopefully a ride will clear out my sinuses. Errrr probably make 'em worse eh?
    Well, NOW you started it, Belay. Don't you know that this is one of the best snow years in recent history and thus you're an idiot for even considering riding your bike (or asking about trail conditions)? Apparently, it's a major faux pas in these here parts to ride a bike when there's "good snow" in the hills (although I hear tell that fresh powder will drive you nuts!)

TRAIL KUBUKI CORNDOGGER
    Quote Originally Posted by Earthpig
    Well, NOW you started it, Belay. Don't you know that this is one of the best snow years in recent history and thus you're an idiot for even considering riding your bike (or asking about trail conditions)? Apparently, it's a major faux pas in these here parts to ride a bike when there's "good snow" in the hills (although I hear tell that fresh powder will drive you nuts!)
    Don't you know how much your attitude is hurting the good graces of this board? Have you no idea how your comments will ripple through the community causing Christians to ride fixies, Mormens to ride recumbants, cats to sleep with dogs, SWIMBA to renounce dialectical materialism, Vicicypher to renounce spackle, etc.. Damn it I might have to create a new account using my own name just to straighten you out about how things should work around here.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast