TRAIL KUBUKI CORNDOGGER

Elk Meadows snowpack analysis and homemadesalsa trip report.

I gave HMS a semiguided tour the upper elevations of our Boise home base as a way of honoring these foreign dignitaries from Driggs. We did a circumnavigation of Shafer Butte followed by the woods of Eastside and environs.

First was the necessity of gettin' baked on the climb up and around Deer Point. We opted out of Maholo because the bang for the buck just not there.

There's still plenty of snow on the north slopes - especially in the trees. Nothing that a little shouldering won't negate.

The upgrade of the Chair #3 is moving along - they've pulled the chairs and yanked the cable. Pulled the chairs and yanked the cable - heh. That's funny.

Eastside gave HMS the giggles. There must have been pixies in the woods.

Man-made obstacles 'n shiz.Fodder for mtbr ravings.

And, of course, the obligatory thrashing through trails that aren't really there and have never really been there. Wallow points - check.

No tears were shed in the making of this trip report. It was my first drive up there since ski season ended last week - it was nice being reminded how them trails are growing in nicely.
    Nobody cares what kind of bike you ride.

Cleavage Of The Tetons
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by TwistedCrank View Post
    First was the necessity of gettin' baked on the climb up and around Deer Point. .
    I don't doubt it. Looks like a few...Big Logs... out there. Looks Sweet, Sweet!
    "We LOVE cows! They make trails for us.....

And then we eat them."

Back of the pack fat guy
    Jan 2004
    HMS is quite the rider. We introduced her (and panchosdad) to the broiler that is the foothills on Wednesday night. Good times.

Cleavage Of The Tetons
    Jan 2004
    And quite the awesome people, as well.
    "We LOVE cows! They make trails for us.....

And then we eat them."

jalepenio jimenez
    baked, broiled, and bewildered I am, by all that...

are ya tell'n us you rode the road, 'n if so, fer any perticular reason?
    I dig, chop, strangle, yank, stomp, annihilate, mutilate, eradicate, and FU goatheads

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Toasted and grilled as well, not to mention well marinated.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Hmmm. Shall I say all of the above, toasted, roasted, grilled, and marinated?...making me hungry.

Sure did have fun in Boise- nice city, and the riding is stellar. Seriously. Gotta say that Eastside was the best. Twisted Crank was informed that no matter what he tried, I would not cry. Ha. No crying. First encounters of the year with hi temps and blazing sun, though. That stuff is hard on winter girl. And no crashing, no blood either. Tired though.

and Mudflap, we rode the paved road for about a quarter mile to the cutoff to the dirt twotrack that takes you to the top of Bogus, that was about it for pavement. Somewhere around 23 miles, right?

Thanks all for really fun rides and hospitality. Hope some or all of you can make it over to the Tetons for the Wydaho Rendezvous or just to ride any time. Or we can meet in the middle (Stanley) or up on the CDT for more true adventure sufferfests. Great to meet you all, thanks!