Boise

Eco-Terrorism in Idaho City

Here is a posting and warning from Thumpertalk.com....

Idaho City Dangers

A friend of a friend that was riding in the Idaho City last week/weekend and the lead rider in the group was suddenly launched from his bike. A small cable had been stung up across the trail. It hit his number plate and stopped the bike. It appeared to be done to hurt somebody on a bike or ATV. They contacted forest service and took them up there to show them. I'm not sure of all the details but thought I would let everybody know. It's definitely something to look out for and could kill somebody. If I get any more details I will post them.

Idaho City has some good trails and if you enjoy these trails do ride with caution. Regardless if one approves of motorized recreation or not this is super irresponsible and the individual needs to be caught and fully prosecuted!.....If they're arrogant enough to wire up an IC trail, what's to keep them from participating in the same reckless activities here on the Boise and/or Owyhee Fronts!

Ride Safe!

Look out!
    Idaho City Excellent Adventure on June 21..... that kind of crap is the last thing I need to be worried about. Dang.
    Ride the bike.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    the eco terrorists are also at work in Boise. Not uncommon to see a old large piece
    of a burnt tree or bush placed parallel to the trail in a blind spot of a corner. I have also
    seen large rocks moved onto the trail in the blind spot of a turn. this is common on bobs
    and the golf course trails in the spring.
    These extremists need to be dealt with, though the law will probably not want to
    bother as in the case in 1984 when some members of earth first rerouted the Barstow to
    Vegas race in the middle of the night by moving the ribbon off a small cliff. I know of someone who broke his back from that. The BLM never pressed charges.

Contagious Xian
    That is pretty messed up.

As far as the Owyhee goes, there's about 5 trees in the whole place.