mtbr member
    Aug 2006

Eco-friendly mountain bike shirts

Hey there,

Buddy of mine from work has started his own mountain bike clothing company and is focusing on creating 100% recycled mountain bike shirts made in the good ol' US of A. I have been using the shirts for about 2 months now and I gotta say, they are damn good. Anyway, thought I would let you know in case any of you are interested in this stuff. You can check out more at the following website:

www.dirtrepublic.com

Sorry for the post selling stuff, but he is a good guy and doing something pretty cool here that I thought some of you fellow Idaho folks might be interested in. Take care.

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    sweet 2planker. I may have to hit him up for the Ashland Super D team shirts I have in mind. Would be great to keep it all local.

mtbr member
    Yes, the shirts are nice. I have seen them in person and they look like they will hold up better than some of the top name brand stuff that is out there. We just need someone to crash test them to confirm this......

Aslalnd Super D........... Go Team Boise!

mtbr member
    Jul 2004

Mods - please kill SPAM

Quote Originally Posted by 2planker110
    Hey there,

Sorry for the post selling stuff, but he is a good guy and doing something pretty cool here that I thought some of you fellow Idaho folks might be interested in. Take care.
    You're kidding right?

No phone #, no physical address, the returns link (http://www.dirtrepublic.com/returns.htm) is a 404. And googling the company name came up with a NH address.
    I was gonna stop by and see you, but the Jehovas witnesses came by. When they left I started drinking. Voicemail from Paul

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    I see nothing wrong with it. Just a heads up from a fellow rider and nobody is forcing you to buy anything.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by debaucherous
    You're kidding right?

No phone #, no physical address, the returns link (http://www.dirtrepublic.com/returns.htm) is a 404. And googling the company name came up with a NH address.

debaucherous,

First off, I have seen the clothing in person and it seems to be better made than some of the other high end brand name stuff out there. I ride with 2planker110 who owns some of the shirts and it is some good stuff as far as riding gear goes. It may not be as aesthetically pleasing to the eye as Fox or Oakley, but from the functionality standpoint seems to be a better built product. The company is pretty new and that's maybe why there is not a lot of information on them yet. But, it is real and I would bet their product will probably hold up and last longer than some of the other more expensive products out there! In fact, here's a pretty good article about them in singletrack

http://singletrack.competitor.com/20...ly-better_6009

mtbr member
    Aug 2006

Sorry if I mislead anybody thinking this was an Idaho company

Quote Originally Posted by debaucherous
    You're kidding right?

Is just a buddy I work with, who happens to live in NH. I have been riding in the shirts for a bit now and like 'em and just thought I'd put the word out as I do think it's cool they are 100% recycled and made in the good ol' US of A as you don't see that much anymore. Take care.