mtbr member
    Jun 2007

Dry trails in Bozeman area

What an amazing fall day! Looking for info on trail conditions in the Bozeman area.

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    lots of clay in the soil here. Things take weeks to dry out. I'm going to Butte tomorrow. The hills are white.
    I don't know what trail we're on, but at least it's getting dark

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Oh my gawd. The CDT from Homestake Pass to Pipestone was just awesome. The little snow that was there melted during our ride, and we rode a ribbon of tackiness on the way back. We detoured down Beaver Ponds as part of the ride, and we all loved the new sections of trail up there. Plenty of challenging rock problems along it. Now I have a new appreciation of Beaver Ponds that exceeds my memory of the last ride there a couple years ago.

The new CDT segment is really planned out and excecuted in a first class manner. Incredible piece of trail. Thanks to the designers and the contractor.
    I don't know what trail we're on, but at least it's getting dark

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Best Ride of the Year on this side of the Divide.
    If it was always like Saturday...

beater
    Quote Originally Posted by GregB406

The new CDT segment is really planned out and excecuted in a first class manner. Incredible piece of trail. Thanks to the designers and the contractor.
    I've been hearing good things, but haven't made it out there yet.
    "Back off, man. I'm a scientist." - Dr. Peter Venkman

Riding in Helena? Everything you need to know, right here.

mtbr member
    Sep 2004
    Oh my gawd. The CDT from Homestake Pass to Pipestone was just awesome. The little snow that was there melted during our ride, and we rode a ribbon of tackiness on the way back. We detoured down Beaver Ponds as part of the ride, and we all loved the new sections of trail up there. Plenty of challenging rock problems along it. Now I have a new appreciation of Beaver Ponds that exceeds my memory of the last ride there a couple years ago.

Glad you enjoyed the new section. To bad the FS doesn't let us leave a single rock.

mtbr member

now come race it at the Butte 50/100.
    http://tripleringprod.com/