aaarrrggghh!

Downieville Anyone?

Tracy and I traveled south this last weekend to visit and ride with some friends who live in Reno. On Saturday we headed to Northstar at Tahoe for a day of lift assisted DH goodness. That place would have to be one of the better training grounds for DH racers and they have a vibrant race scene. Everyone was really cool and folks seemed to be having a good time.

Sunday we traveled to Downieville, CA to ride the Downieville Classic race course. It's a 15 mile trail that loses about 4000 feet of elevation in the process. It's a super fun rocky technical trail with amazing scenery. I can't imagine riding the trail at race speeds but next year I may have to give it a whirl if time allows.

On a side note. IF, and I mean IF you are the type of rider who is inclined to lower your seat for the downhills I highly recommend a Gravity Dropper seatpost. Some good friends pitched in for my birthday this year and ordered me one. It's great to be able to lower on the fly and raise it back up for climbing with a flick of a switch. The real value comes in when you are riding trails that undulate with mixed up and downs. I would go so far as to say it even saves me some energy when I might normally just leave the seat down for the whole downhill and just stand up on the pedals for uphills. It's not everyone's cup of tea but I'm really enjoying this post on my Trek.
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    What a stupid thread. I hate it and hate that shared it with us. Take your good times somewhere else mister as this is now, what, three sweet trips that I have had to live vicariously through pictures to enjoy.

jones'in
    Quote Originally Posted by aenema
    What a stupid thread. I hate it and hate that shared it with us. Take your good times somewhere else mister as this is now, what, three sweet trips that I have had to live vicariously through pictures to enjoy.
    Word. What's up with all the people having fun and sh*t. Fer' christ sakes, you're ruining it! I might have to stoop to your level in a week or so as well.....when I post the video and ride report from the 2nd annual "Montana does B.C." trip.

Seriously, though. Nice pics. Looks like a helluva lot of fun. Bikes are cool!

--Ben
    \m/ (>.<) \m/
    For Sale: Revox ISX 10.5x3.5

aaarrrggghh!
    Yeah, well wait until I post some pics in a couple of weekends of my upcoming Nelson, BC trip. Except for the crappy pay this teaching gig sure is nice.

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Suck it Ivan. Suck it long and suck it hard.

On a more positive note, planning a trip up to my old stomping grounds in Kalispell, MT and hitting up Fernie as well as the local goodies. I won't take any pictures though because I was never taught to share.

Fly fat ass fly !
    Did you ride livewire when you were at N* ??
    I heard that is the funnest trail in the lower 48.
    By not allowing the progression of trails your cheating everyone out of their potential.
    DEITYCOMPONENTS.COM

aaarrrggghh!
    Yes we did. It is a pretty good trail. Lots of jumps and berms. Best trail in lower 48? I don't know about that. Unfortunately Northstar is pretty beat up due to a lower maintenance budget in the past so lots of bumps, piles of dust, and blowouts. Cool trail though.

Fly fat ass fly !
    It was a plot to stir up the flame patrol .

Have you ridin the "sentential trail in Moscow ??? I'm trying to find out if its worth the drive . Looks cool from the vid on pinkbike .
    By not allowing the progression of trails your cheating everyone out of their potential.
    DEITYCOMPONENTS.COM