mtbr member
    May 2004

Didn't anticipate a deluge

Well,

got 50 minutes on the trainer at 60-80% today then some weight training (light weight, lotsa reps, I'm a cyclist not a blockhead!).

I've seen Darren and Lorien there training earlier in the year, wonder if they still do,
    at least during the winter months - Golds on Park Center

I really hope this shower subsides so can ride road tomorrow at least -
    or have to spin, spinning is better than nothing...and what the heck
    there are Dirt Dart stickers on most of the spin bikes so that helps!

I'm sure even the fire/forest service roads are a messy swamp now

King of the Barneys
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnbkrdr98
    Well,

got 50 minutes on the trainer at 60-80% today then some weight training (light weight, lotsa reps, I'm a cyclist not a blockhead!).

I've seen Darren and Lorien there training earlier in the year, wonder if they still do,
    at least during the winter months - Golds on Park Center

I really hope this shower subsides so can ride road tomorrow at least -
    or have to spin, spinning is better than nothing...and what the heck
    there are Dirt Dart stickers on most of the spin bikes so that helps!

I'm sure even the fire/forest service roads are a messy swamp now
    Pretty much the same story here, only I took the tribe to the Y. Got in a little over an hour in cardio, and lots of high reps on the wts. Better n nuttin, I guess...

CDB
    May your trails be narrow, crooked, lonesome and dangerous, leading to the most outrageous adventures. Paladin

Don't worry, be happy!
    disgusting out there, isn't it? Region wide, too.

mtbr member
    May 2004

Good

Quote Originally Posted by CBro
    Pretty much the same story here, only I took the tribe to the Y. Got in a little over an hour in cardio, and lots of high reps on the wts. Better n nuttin, I guess...

CDB
    Good on the weights, Cbro.
    Load bearing exercise, good for the bone density, with a little luck contribute to keeping us riding/active a very long time !

Hi!!!
    How does Bogus look from Boise? Couldn't see it today driving in from the Zionist Theocracy of Canyon County and yesterday it looked like ALOT of the snow was gone. I know it's been shut down since Thursday, but does it look really bare up there today? Blah.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by BelaySlave
    How does Bogus look from Boise? Couldn't see it today driving in from the Zionist Theocracy of Canyon County and yesterday it looked like ALOT of the snow was gone. I know it's been shut down since Thursday, but does it look really bare up there today? Blah.
    Lets just say looking up at it made me sad.

Hi!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by BelaySlave
    Guess I was wrong. Looks like Bogus is opening up with limited service today. They open up in a couple of mins and shut down at 4:30pm and only 5 chairs are running.

mtbr member
    screw bogus and boarding/skiing..

the trails are bomb right now..

get on yer bikes and go muddin'

roar
    Zionist theocracy eh? LOL. Thats a good one. I commute everyday to the bible belt myself. Its hard to see through the local, sugarbeet smog inversion from here.

Back of the pack fat guy
    Jan 2004
    Off from work all week here too. I was hoping that the rain would hold off long enough today to get in some road miles, but alas, twas not to be. Looks like I'm going to go throw on the ol' running shoes again today. Riding in the rain is OK, but I'll keep warmer running.

Hoping to head up to board at Brundage Friday and/or Saturday. Maybe hit Bogus Sunday and/or Monday - looks like we've got quite a bit of moisture and cooler temps heading this way over the next few days.

Sad to say, but I'm already looking forward to warmer temps and drier trails....

Hi!!!

No good

Quote Originally Posted by Earthpig
    Sad to say, but I'm already looking forward to warmer temps and drier trails....
    Yeah my passion for winter usually ends in February, but damnit this year it's just been different for me. It really looked like this winter was gonna be promising, but I guess the really cold temps this month coupled with all this rain has got me whistling a different tune this time around. I already wanna throw the snowshoes and XC skis back into the storage unit.

Next winter I'm spending xmas in Hawaii.

TRAIL KUBUKI CORNDOGGER
    I'm at work all week and I'm loving it! Nothing to do but hang out in a cube farm and drink beer and eat pork rinds and schmooze customers. Who cares about bikes anyway? Who cares about snow anyway? I just want to make my customers happy. It's not about me - it's about them. It's not about bikes - it's about customers. Doing business is all about relationships and relationships is what I do. Fvck bikes.Fvck snow.
    Nobody cares what kind of bike you ride.