Back of the pack fat guy
    Jan 2004

Danger in the foothills

This is the text of an email forwarded to me this AM. I don't know the author, but do know some of the initial recipients.

Fellow riders,

You should all know that there is a very angry and violent man in our foothills. Tonight I was attacked by him (and his dog) on the trail next to the condo's on 15th street. He was lying in the trail as I approached with my headlight. His dog became aggressive immediately, so he got up and stepped between us. Unfortunately, he did this so he could give me a round-house punch to the side of the head. After a minute or so of dodging and maneuvering I was able to retrieve my bike and run down the trail while he gave brief chase. He claimed to live in the hills and judging by the death threats and attack commands to his dog, didn't appreciate my (legal) presence on public land. I called the police but he moved before they arrived. I'll be on the lookout hoping to add a name to the police report.

Please forward to anyone you'd like and let me know if you've had a similar incident with someone matching this description--it was dark, so these are the only details I know for sure:

White male, grey hair and beard, probably in his 50s
    Medium sized dog with a cattle dog build, black or very dark grey

Watch it out there,

The description matches Twisted Crank. Just saying.

Rocks Rock
    My brother inlaw went to Dick's restaraunt in San Antonio for some of their abuse and of course, fine cusine. They placed one of their infamous codom hats on his head (you know the body part with the eyes, ears and mouth) written on the hat was "HUNG LIKE A MIDGET".
    So Piggy... next time he is in ID I'll introduce you to your new best friend John.
    When we teach all children from age 5 on to meditate just 1 hour per week on compassion war will end within 3 generations.

TRAIL KUBUKI CORNDOGGER
    I smell a lynching. Where's my rake?

It coont uhv been me. I don't sleep on *that* trail. Pff.
    Nobody cares what kind of bike you ride.

Look out!
    Of course he was pissed, the rider messed up his beauty sleep. The next thing you know they will have trail closures for bum's nap times.
    Ride the bike.

TRAIL KUBUKI CORNDOGGER
    On second thought, I say we stick a beer can up his adz and use him as a windshield wiper.
    Nobody cares what kind of bike you ride.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Just got this same email
    Sound of Tires on Dirt - Sole Music; shared with friends - Soul Music.

Back of the pack fat guy
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnbkrid
    The next thing you know they will have trail closures for bum's nap times.
    My guess is that they will alternate "bum sleeping" in the mix of rotating uses. Maybe the bums will have to sleep in one direction one day, and the other direction another day.

Which, you know, makes sense, because sleeping in the downhill direction is pretty half-@ssed.

But, that's just my opinion.

nathan bay
    Apr 2007

Am I the only one?

I carry dog/redneck mace on most of my rides. It's like the pocket on the strap of my backpack was made for it.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Art Tuttle must have moved up north.

http://www.blackstaradventures.com/forums/2_18_0.html
    Sound of Tires on Dirt - Sole Music; shared with friends - Soul Music.

jalepenio jimenez

Ohhhhh...........

that sounds like Trick or Treat and his three legged canine Chewy (chewed off his own leg.)

You're lucky you got away with both testicles.
    I dig, chop, strangle, yank, stomp, annihilate, mutilate, eradicate, and FU goatheads

BMX:Our Shining Future

Nappy Interruptus

There I am just taking a quick catnap on the trail with my pooch when up rides this nut on his bicycle and tries to ride over the top of me. Sure he scared the dog but when I stood up and tried to shake his hand he went running off screaming into his cell phone as if he had suddenly lost his mind. Then the cops show up and I'm like: There Sure Is A Lot Of Violent Angry Bicycle Riders In These Foothills Trails. And the cop is like: Good Thing They Didn't Mistake You For A Log!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Danger in the foothills-gc41.jpg  

banned
    Apr 2009
    Be lucky you didn't end up in his basement!! Him getting a little 'Pulp Fiction' on you!!