mtbr member
    May 2011

Curt gowdy closes?

Last year when I got my membership, the lady stated that the season pass was only good from March till December, so does that mean its closed and unrideable from Jan to March?

I doubt it is closed, but have some family visiting who are also avid riders and want to hit curt gowdy.

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    I've never heard of it closing... and I've heard people talking about how the lower trails sometimes can be rideable during the winter. I think on Monday I'm getting my new season passes, so I'll do some asking and see what they say!

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    Oh, and BTW... people live in CG, so they can't close off the roads. Shoreline trail runs right along the road, even if the park is "closed" you can just jump on the trails!

mtbr member
    May 2011
    That makes sense! I too need to purchase a membership, where do you pick yours up at? I usually went to the drive up window, but during this time nobody is there..but a membership was awesome for last year..paid for itself within a month lol

Forgot to mention, but I got my D600 last month...thing is beast! I'm enjoying it..I'm looking for any working groups in the area, but nothing! You figure with all the photographers in the area, there should be something. I got a shoot scheduled in Vegas at the Cesar's palace in 2 weeks, and I don't have enough practice with my new body..and since its "new" no pocket wizards, have to date back to my CLS skills lol no dust issues as of yet..then again I haven't closed my aperture far enough I guess..people said they saw it at like f/22 or something crazy like that, but the farthest I went to was f/16, and saw nothing...who knows.
    Last edited by jesse101; 01-06-2013 at 09:46 AM.

Fat Biker
    Membership?? It's a State Park pass people, good at all the Wyoming State Parks.

On sale now through February 15 if you want a discount

Wyoming State Parks/Permits
    Don't be a Hater!
    SS Black Sheep Phat Speedster
    Borealis Yampa XX1

Rolling on 2 Fat Tires-Blog

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Awesome thanks for the info!...yea sorry..membership: meaning season pass is what I meant.

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by jesse101 View Post
    That makes sense! I too need to purchase a membership, where do you pick yours up at? I usually went to the drive up window, but during this time nobody is there..but a membership was awesome for last year..paid for itself within a month lol

Forgot to mention, but I got my D600 last month...thing is beast! I'm enjoying it..I'm looking for any working groups in the area, but nothing! You figure with all the photographers in the area, there should be something. I got a shoot scheduled in Vegas at the Cesar's palace in 2 weeks, and I don't have enough practice with my new body..and since its "new" no pocket wizards, have to date back to my CLS skills lol no dust issues as of yet..then again I haven't closed my aperture far enough I guess..people said they saw it at like f/22 or something crazy like that, but the farthest I went to was f/16, and saw nothing...who knows.
    I got mine at the Fly Store in Laramie last summer (they sold it to me accidentally instead of the Medicine Bow NF pass, but I kept it anyway). I"ll probably order mine online, but I gotta wait to get plates on my new car first so I have a plate number (1st world problems right here...).

I rarely shoot above F8, haha. For racing I sometimes use like F12-22, depending on sun. Once I got F2.8 lenses I became spoiled...

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    I've been out there the last two weekends. It's definitely open just no attendants so its self pay. Trails are snowy I thought there was less snow on the eastern side. It's all hike able if you know the trails well enough. If you're riding probably want that fat bike.