Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Curt gowdy closes?

806 views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  nre7766 
#1 ·
Last year when I got my membership, the lady stated that the season pass was only good from March till December, so does that mean its closed and unrideable from Jan to March?

I doubt it is closed, but have some family visiting who are also avid riders and want to hit curt gowdy.

#4 · (Edited)
That makes sense! I too need to purchase a membership, where do you pick yours up at? I usually went to the drive up window, but during this time nobody is there..but a membership was awesome for last year..paid for itself within a month lol

Forgot to mention, but I got my D600 last month...thing is beast! I'm enjoying it..I'm looking for any working groups in the area, but nothing! You figure with all the photographers in the area, there should be something. I got a shoot scheduled in Vegas at the Cesar's palace in 2 weeks, and I don't have enough practice with my new body..and since its "new" no pocket wizards, have to date back to my CLS skills lol no dust issues as of yet..then again I haven't closed my aperture far enough I guess..people said they saw it at like f/22 or something crazy like that, but the farthest I went to was f/16, and saw nothing...who knows.

#7 ·
I got mine at the Fly Store in Laramie last summer (they sold it to me accidentally instead of the Medicine Bow NF pass, but I kept it anyway). I"ll probably order mine online, but I gotta wait to get plates on my new car first so I have a plate number (1st world problems right here...).

I rarely shoot above F8, haha. For racing I sometimes use like F12-22, depending on sun. Once I got F2.8 lenses I became spoiled...

#8 ·
I've been out there the last two weekends. It's definitely open just no attendants so its self pay. Trails are snowy I thought there was less snow on the eastern side. It's all hike able if you know the trails well enough. If you're riding probably want that fat bike.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.