mtbr member
    Jun 2012

Current Gowdy conditions

Just curious if anybody has been up to Gowdy lately and can report on how much snow there is? I figure with this weekend being in the 50s, and the rest of the week shaping up to be warm, something has to be melting, like maybe the lower trails. I'm itching to mountain bike, what else can I say...

Fat Biker
    Snow in the shade, snow on the lee side of snow breaks. Just go up there and ride and run the HAB sections for fitness. Don't be afraid to ride on the gravel roads. if you want straight up riding, think about a road trip to Pueblo, GJ, Moab.
    Don't be a Hater!
    SS Black Sheep Phat Speedster
    Borealis Yampa XX1

Rolling on 2 Fat Tires-Blog

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    Thinking I might just pop down to Colorado as it seems some stuff down there is dry and rideable. Never done Bobcat Ridge and what not, but could be fun. I definitely want more than just gravel roads, but don't have the time or money for a big trip right now (and Moab has been pretty cold lately)

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    I checked out Stone Temple Circuit today on reports it was dry. Not really... definitely snow drifts and mud. Asshats have been riding around the snow drifts, so unfortunately there's new "trails" popping up. There's also some standing water that is frozen that makes for a pleasant surprise. Had a fun time... XC race tires don't exactly like snow, but I gave it a good effort! Sad to see all the trail damage, though...

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Yeah Curt Gowdy has gotten a lot of use of the years. Some sections are way wider than when it first opened. They have even dumbed down some of the sections, blasting out rocks and such. Curt Gowdy is still quite fun every now and then, but I tend to find my self more in the snowies over the summer.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    I was just wondering the same here recently...but I have been out of town for a while but want to get back to riding as soon as possible..this doesn't seem promising :/

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    A few friends of mine went up yesterday. Middle Kingdom seems alright, but there's still a lot of drifted snow.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Doesnt sound like fun. In a month or so im sure it will start to clear up. I might need to plan a trip to CA in the meantime.