mtbr member
    Jan 2004

CO rider visiting Boise--needs advice

March 14-17. My wife who rides in CO all the time. She is there on business. Can one ride there this time of year? Recommend a ride & a place to rent a bike? Thanks.

Sheepherder/Cat Herder Moderator
    Riding all depends on how much rain we get. Trails like Hulls Gulch can handle rain better than some other trails. See http://www.cityofboise.org/parks/R2R.../trailmap.html for a trail map.

As for renting, she can rent from George's Cycles or Idaho Mtn. Touring.

There are a couple gals on the board that are out there almost everyday. She might want to get with them if she wants someone to ride with.
    ...building wherever they'll let me...

roar
    Hi. yeah, if she wants, tell her to PM me, or you can and I would be sooo happy to ride with another girl and show her the local trails. You can ride here pretty much year around if you dont mind getting cold.
    Whenever I haul a$$ I have to take two trips.

sharing the love
    Quote Originally Posted by rocknrollbarbie
    You can ride here pretty much year around if you dont mind getting cold.

or muddy...

and destroying the trails...
    [SIZE=1]"Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race." - H.G. Wells[/SIZE]

mtbr member
    yep..last time i went out in the foothills. i've noticed that boise's responsible riders have been working hard to make our singletrack, wider and wider. gotta love those 4' wide singletrack trails.

but, i know, it's muddy on the establishd trail, so it's hard to keep going. riding on that vegetation is much faster/firmer. and it makes our singletrack wider and wider...each winter. isnt' that what we love...wide singletrack!

TRAIL KUBUKI CORNDOGGER
    Quote Originally Posted by zebdi
    and destroying the trails...
    Those aren't trails those are roads. Wide, muddy roads with lots of footprints and ridiculously wide tire tracks formed by hateful angry runners and selfish egocentric mountain bikers (gasp) using suspension (oh my). Either that or the FlowMax and the Fleet hasn't kicked in yet.
    Nobody cares what kind of bike you ride.

sharing the love
    Quote Originally Posted by garnetspur
    isnt' that what we love...wide singletrack!
    Anything we can do to make these practically paved trails easier...

We should start painting centerlines on them and then have senior citizens patrol them in golf carts...
    [SIZE=1]"Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race." - H.G. Wells[/SIZE]

Sheepherder/Cat Herder Moderator
    Dang it, and here I've been plowing the DH through the mud instead of riding off the trail. The 40lb bike makes the sweetest groove down the middle of the trail. I really need to take the horse out. The trails are just too smooth now. It needs more holes in it, and hay-spackle on it.
    ...building wherever they'll let me...

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

THX for the info so far

My wife's trip may be postponed until a few weeks later. I'll keep you posted.