mtbr member
    Feb 2004

Brought to you by R2

I just wanted to say thanks to the Ridges to Rivers trail crew for the new features up at Eastside. The rock ride is beautiful and the log ride-over is rock solid. I am always a little leary of riding over small diameter logs but this one is super stable.

Thanks for all the other work up there as well.

Thanks,

Mike e.
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr platinum member
    I like the rock structure, but I don't understand what purpose it serves. While it is neat and somebody worked very hard to build it, I think that it would be more impressive if it took you over a difficult log, stream crossing, or some other natural trail feature that they were trying to make a rideable line over/around.
    I stopped driving my bike into my garage - I'm now protected with Roof Rack Ranger app for my iPhone.

mtnjam
    bikerx40....at least it's a start. There are currently plenty of log rides on the eastside area gapping stream crossings and holes.

My compliments to you IB and R2R. I was wondering when there was going to be a rock feature in that area. I remember talking about it a long time ago (like before everyone knew about these trails) that this section needed a rock ride.

I see the Endo is holding up well.
    Just ride down there and jump off something for crying out loud...

TRAIL KUBUKI CORNDOGGER
    I'm not too enamored with blatantly artificial features and that row of rocks stands out like a turd in a punchbowl. Those rocks might have been better off creating curving flow with a more natural feel. Whatever flips your burgers though.

This first half of Eastside is a bit of a joke really with its blatanly artificial stunts that suddenly appear. There are better and more technical and much more natural features hiding in the woods with greater penalties for failure.

But what do I know. I like stinging nettles, poison ivy, snakes and think wolves belong in Idaho. Keeps the focus.
    Nobody cares what kind of bike you ride.

jalepenio jimenez
    Quote Originally Posted by TwistedCrank
    I'm not too enamored with blatantly artificial features and that row of rocks stands out like a turd in a punchbowl. Those rocks might have been better off creating curving flow with a more natural feel. Whatever flips your burgers though.

This first half of Eastside is a bit of a joke really with its blatanly artificial stunts that suddenly appear. There are better and more technical and much more natural features hiding in the woods with greater penalties for failure.

But what do I know. I like stinging nettles, poison ivy, snakes and think wolves belong in Idaho. Keeps the focus.
    Surely you jest, sir!!
    I dig, chop, strangle, yank, stomp, annihilate, mutilate, eradicate, and FU goatheads

TRAIL KUBUKI CORNDOGGER
    Quote Originally Posted by mudflap
    Surely you jest, sir!!
    I never jest. Ever.

jalepenio jimenez
    I never jest. Ever.
    Precisely and to the point.

As you say, you never jest, but none the less, there are times when I find myself in a whole new, excrutiating world of hurt (actually my broken ribs) when I peruse these threads and come across your most humorous attempts at being serious.
    I dig, chop, strangle, yank, stomp, annihilate, mutilate, eradicate, and FU goatheads

blet drive

Hope

hay a turd in a punch bowl sounds good if you live in other parts of the country... i wish i had one. these wedo have lots of stinging nettles, poison ivy, snakes
    Save a tree & wipe your butt with an owl.
    Thank your local Sierra Club.

gringo-fied facsimiles

looks like

looks like the rocks they took out of east side towards the top.....getting tired of it and r2..... just sayin
    http://www.bradwaltonphoto.com
    "you slow whitted rectal beltch" -sp

Horney 4 FR'ers
    Jun 2009

Dung Beetle

I'm no pro but why build a ramp on the sides of the fallen tree? That seems to easy, why not hop over it or get off your bike and walk over it? more of a challenge? Maybe, Maybe not...not really sure??EasterBunnyXLarge.jpg
    Novice BMXer, Intermediate MTBer, Semi-Pro FRer

gringo-fied facsimiles

Contagious Xian
    Ah one of my all time fave bands. Perhaps this one is as or more fitting sometimes http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fhk3aTxxOw

gringo-fied facsimiles

+1

i miss my long hair and levi jacket with the back patch.

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    If R2R did this I say good for them. I helped with the repair work this spring on Bobs Trail and enjoyed the time I spent with their trail crew. Good group.

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Wheelbender
    If R2R did this I say good for them. I helped with the repair work this spring on Bobs Trail and enjoyed the time I spent with their trail crew. Good group.
    Agreed. Bart is a stud and Dave is really easy to work with if you communicate with him and remember he is dealing with the multi use limitations. A good group of guys who's job benefits us all.

Fly fat ass fly !
    Thanks for the really nice log skinny on sinker creek too.
    Its about 12inches wide and 10 ft long . Serves no purpose but , breaks up the mind numbing climb from bogus drop.
    By not allowing the progression of trails your cheating everyone out of their potential.
    DEITYCOMPONENTS.COM

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    Just returned from Sun Valley. Greenhorn Gulch has 4-5 logs to ride over the streams. Several have a fairly respectable penalty for failure - 5' drop to the water and rocks below. I am happy to say I cleared each one.

Horney 4 FR'ers
    Jun 2009

Skinny mania

Sup Bro's, has anyone rode the 5" wide by 3+ mile long skinny 1mile away from Velopark? There's a couple breaks in it but if you have bunny skills it's an easy transfer. This street stuff breaks up the monotany of my rides before hitting the trails. If it already exists, why build it? Why not make it harder?

Sorry to mess up your fun, this urbanized trail stuff is like yr 2000 for us outdated doods. Back home we still ride in wagons and our internet speed is on DOCSIS 3.0 at 150,000 meg downloads. I need to get up to speed, can yall help me out. Anyone notice a flatlander scored 13th at the Leadville 100?? Weird

Deja vu all over again.
    Novice BMXer, Intermediate MTBer, Semi-Pro FRer

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    I like this guy......he's got some attitude. Sorry man, I measured it, darn ner 8" wide and aaumo 6 enchs abuv the asfall. u supr stud yu!

mtbr member
    is there anything that genius'est likes??? seems like every post i look at there is him cappin on something, wtf? ride whatever it is you ride, but quit flickin so much sh!t !!!

Back of the pack fat guy
    Jan 2004
    Genius'er is at least entertaining. Kudos. Anything to break of the monotony of groupthink.

Snore.

I like my kudos with a side salad.
    Attached Images Attached Images

TRAIL KUBUKI CORNDOGGER
    At the public bath we call Genius'er "Lettuce Head" as a kind of pet name. It's not what you think and it's been an inside joke for almost 8 years now. Something about how he folds the towels.

Contagious Xian
    I think we need to bring back DelTaco and he can share the story about his purple nad.

TRAIL KUBUKI CORNDOGGER
    Quote Originally Posted by Bombin4X
    I think we need to bring back DelTaco and he can share the story about his purple nad.
    We all miss that little purple testicle of his. These are sad times. End of days, really.