Thread: Bonzai

mtbr member

Bonzai

Does anybody have the 411 on the Bonzai race for this weekend?

As of yesterday there was to be a new course that was rumored to be Eastside down Sweet Connie ending on Bogus Basin Road in a time trial format.

As of this morning Wildrockies.com is explaining it as a group ride ending near Dry Creek. This will not be a race, but a group ride to support the Velopark.

Your thoughts and any additional info would be appreciated.
    BoiseBoy

TRAIL KUBUKI CORNDOGGER
    Edit: Ride in a group, chase the cows, rape the sheep, shred the rutted and delicate trails, go into a rut and don't forget to clip the longboarding hippieshits on the way down the road. All for a good cause - trails without trees, laydeeze.
    Last edited by TwistedCrank; 09-15-2009 at 10:00 AM.
    Nobody cares what kind of bike you ride.

mtbr member
    Werid i thought it i had it fiqured when i signed up. I did hear about a new coruse but did NOT hear which way it would go. Werid how all of this changes before the race.

The times i got for registration and stuff was around 1030ish and ride at noon. Also recomended that someone take you up the hill and wait for you at the bottom.

mtbr member
    So i was on the wild rockies website and it say something about a license. What license? Says you can get a day license but that wasnt on the registration when i filled it out.

mtbr member
    Typically at the races you need a USAC license. You can either purchase a one day license for a small amount or an annual license.
    Being that this is not technically a race now, you may not need a license.

I am not sure on this whole Bonzai thing. I wonder if Daren and Lorien did not get the ok this year for the typical course (Bogus-Ridge Road-8th Street) and attempted to get it on Sweet Connie?
    I almost get the impression that the race essentially fell through so they made it a group ride.
    What is disappointing is that they cancelled the most recent full XC race at Bogus then they did this to the Bonzai. Now there are no more series points to be earned towards the championship.

Oh well, it has been a great season for riding.
    BoiseBoy

mtbr member
    From Lorien on the wildrockies facebook page: For our Velopark fundraiser cycling folks who are participating in the Banzai on September 19th. There will be a shuttle provided to return to Bogus Basin from the finish gathering point on Bogus Basin Rd. Approx. mile marker 5.5 @ 1:45pm

The resort is having the chair lift open to hikers and bikers and there is food available all day-- so plan on spending some time at the Wild Rockies booth and enjoying the mountain air at Summit Fest 3.

The Banzai is geared as a practice event for larger events around the Nation. We are providing a low-key atmosphere were everyone can familize with the Boise Front trails. This is more of a social situation than a hard-core race. Save your gusto for the Kamikaze on Sunday!!
    Oh sh!+ just force upgraded to cat1. Now what?
    Best thing about an ultra marathon? I just get to ride my bike for X hours!