Wyo
    Wyoming Rider
    Oct 2005

Bonneville Pass Trail - Dubois Wyoming

A friend of mine took these photos last year outside of Dubois. His comment that the ride was great because they saw no grizzly bears. The ride is about 20 miles and goes over 2 passes and is located in an area with high bear (grizzly) density. Bears bells, yelling and pepper spray are common practices in these parts.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Wyo; 03-28-2006 at 09:10 AM.

mtbr member
    That is a beautiful area. I try and get up there at least a couple times a year. I carry a gun. I'm not chancing a pissed, hungry grizzly with pepper spray.
    [SIZE="4"]`..><((((>`..`..`...><((((>`..`..`...><((((> `.. `.. [/SIZE]

mtbr member
    Beautiful!

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    To gun dude....chances are you are only going to piss off a griz if you shoot it. Their skulls are three inches thick. Studies indicate you are much better off with pepper spray as you are more likely to use better backcountry skills (noise, signing, paying attention to your surroundings) and common sense rather than having the "confidence" of having a gun.

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    Is this trail still riding? Need to get out of Jackson & after being in Moab for a week last week I am not quite ready to put the bike away for the winter Any help would be appreciated.