Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Hi!!!

Boise Weekly article on the Banzai

http://www.boiseweekly.com/gyrobase/...d=oid%3A212413

Hmmmm....to do or not to do......

Cleavage Of The Tetons
    Jan 2004
    well, I do have to say that Ron Dillon don't know squat.
    Mega-Avalanche, Santo Domingo de Los Olleros, many, many other longer DH races with more vert drop and distance. That being said, does this thing go down Connies, or where?
    "We LOVE cows! They make trails for us.....

And then we eat them."

TRAIL KUBUKI CORNDOGGER
    Quote Originally Posted by rideit
    Careful there sugarglaze. His royal highness Jon W. Gould could scold you for such libel.

That being said, does this thing go down Connies, or where?
    Noone's saying but my guess is 8th Street. Yes, you read correctly. Me thinks there's something written in the R2R covenant that says thou shalt not have races on footies trails. Connies is not a legit trail anywhoo and besides, we don't talk about it as a matter of principle.
    Nobody cares what kind of bike you ride.

King of the Barneys
    I just talked to Ron a couple days ago, as a matter of fact. If I remember right, he said the descent is down 8th St. to town.

He also said it's an ideal beginners ride due to the 90% downhill. that's a tough 10% climb over to the descent, though.

CDB
    May your trails be narrow, crooked, lonesome and dangerous, leading to the most outrageous adventures. Paladin

Cleavage Of The Tetons
    Jan 2004
    Oops, I meant 'ronnies'.

So sorry.

And then we eat them."

Hi!!!

New question here.

Quote Originally Posted by CBro
    that's a tough 10% climb over to the descent, though.
    What exactly is the climb?

the new Gilbert Grape
    that being said, does this thing go down Connies, or where?
    It starts at the top of the Deer Point ski lift, goes out the Boise Ridge Road, and then down 8th Street.

There's a pretty good climb between the Hard Guy trailhead and 8th Street.
    Each bicycle owned exponentially increases the probability that none is working correctly.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Mega-Avalanche, Santo Domingo de Los Olleros, many, many other longer DH races with more vert drop and distance. That being said, does this thing go down Connies, or where?
    If Ron was half as good at marketing a race as he was bullshiiiiting and destroying collaborative partnerships, he'd be worth something. Taking bets on how long Haunold disassociates himself from the Dillon Destruction: 12 months.

Taking bets on how long until JCG comes to his defense: 12 posts

TRAIL KUBUKI CORNDOGGER
    Oops, I meant 'ronnies'.

So sorry.
    Wheat Wheat Ronnies
    Nobody cares what kind of bike you ride.

the new Gilbert Grape
    Mega-Avalanche, Santo Domingo de Los Olleros, many, many other longer DH races with more vert drop and distance.

You should never let the facts get in the way of a good story.

Each bicycle owned exponentially increases the probability that none is working correctly.

Contagious Xian
    I might try this race on my wife's 17" IH Warrior DS.

No chain.

Be glad EP is taking a hiatus on the forums.

TERVOR THE GREAT
    Quote Originally Posted by westin
    If Ron was half as good at marketing a race as he was bullshiiiiting and destroying collaborative partnerships, he'd be worth something. Taking bets on how long Haunold disassociates himself from the Dillon Destruction: 12 months.

Taking bets on how long until JCG comes to his defense: 12 posts
    He doesn't need to as I will:
    Ron has devoted a very large portion of his life to putting events like this on so that we can enjoy them. I personally have had absolutely no problems with him or any of the events he has put on. Don't ***** about the job someone is doing when you're not willing to do it yourself.

Anyways, it's going to be a busy and fun day for myself... I'm going to race the real DH race at 8am, and then I'll race the banzai race, and once I'm down at the coop, I plan on racing the dual free event...

Sounds like Mucho Fun to me...

Monte Su Bici Maldita
    Quote Originally Posted by DelTaco
    He doesn't need to as I will:
    Ron has devoted a very large portion of his life to putting events like this on so that we can enjoy them. I personally have had absolutely no problems with him or any of the events he has put on. Don't ***** about the job someone is doing when you're not willing to do it yourself.

Anyways, it's going to be a busy and fun day for myself... I'm going to race the real DH race at 8am, and then I'll race the banzai race, and once I'm down at the coop, I plan on racing the dual free event...

Sounds like Mucho Fun to me...

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    oh yeah he totally backs us riders up, like when he advertises our races and spends countless hours helping build and construct courses, oh wait he doesn't. In my opinion it's ********, the brundage race was the biggest joke, all the family and friends who came to watch the riders had to pay to watch (i should say most did some people told them where they could stick it) because of the damn hippie festival. that is blatantly taking advantage of the riders, and where are the cash prizes for semi-pro and pro riders? my question is where the hell is all our money going? seems to me "we" are the ones who should be getting the thanks because "we" are the ones who work on the course, "we" are the ones who pay all the fees, only to have your times messed up because some people can't count, even though we spent money on some fancy timing equipment. oh well nationals next year. rant over

TERVOR THE GREAT
    Well ***** about it as much as you want, but I don't see anyone stepping up to do his job better than him. And the whole money issue comes down to one thing:
    this **** costs money to do. If they weren't charging admission, then where would the money come from? And how would the hippie festival make it's money.

I'm certainly not saying that he does a perfect job of it, but I think the man deserves a whole lot more credit than he recieves.

My only real gripe is the 2 weeks it takes for results to be posted up for the events, but whatever.

Trevor

Contagious Xian
    Nice one Trevor. School is doing you well, see?!

King of the Barneys
    Terv, Thanks for standing up for Ron. In life, there tend to be two groups: those who do, and those who stand on the sidelines and criticize those who do. I haven't raced Wildrockies in a long time, but I respect the effort, time, and money Ron puts into the races, and I like and respect him, as well.

CDB
    May your trails be narrow, crooked, lonesome and dangerous, leading to the most outrageous adventures. Paladin

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    whatever, my point was the money they charge for the hippie festival has nothing to do with the race and they are taking advantage of the riders and their families, if you can't see that then too bad for you. He doesn't put very much effort into expanding the races and helping out the racers, who are the people he should care about. I can't mention names but there are many people behind the scenes that do a hell of alot more, and do it all for the love of the sport. My friends and I are the ones who build the dual free every race, who come up on our own time to work on the courses, who tape off the courses, and I think you would be suprised to know how much money it really takes to put on an event. I don't think Ron is a bad guy, but the way he spends money, it is not being put in the right places. And for those of you who dont race what the hell do you know about the race scene? You don't know what is happening, where the money is spent, so until you are out there shut up.

King of the Barneys
    I see your point. Railing about a guy behind his back on the internet is undoubtedly the best way to effect the changes you seek. I get it now, just like it took me a while to understand that George Bush is to blame for everything bad in this country and throughout the world.

CDB

the new Gilbert Grape
    I have to agree with Trevor and Chris.

Boise is lucky enough to have two local race series. There's a huge number of races to choose from. If you don't like the way Ron runs his races, (a) give him feedback, (b) don't race in them, there's another great series to choose from, or (c) start yoru own race series.

Ron is trying to put on a large number of events. Maybe they're not perfect, but the Boise bike scene is better because of him.

On the other hand George Bush is to blame for most of the problems in the world.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by laffeaux
    I have to agree with Trevor and Chris.

Boise is lucky enough to have two local race series. There's a huge number of races to choose from. If you don't like the way Ron runs his races, (a) give him feedback, (b) don't race in them, there's another great series to choose from, or (c) start yoru own race series.

Ron is trying to put on a large number of events. Maybe they're not perfect, but the Boise bike scene is better because of him.

On the other hand George Bush is to blame for most of the problems in the world.
    I have spoken with Ron face to face and emailed others' comments to him. He has done absolutely nothing about it for the past few years. It's like voting: I voted (gave constructive criticism), and nothing was done. Now I have the "right" to complain.

I used to do all of Ron's races when Tervor was still pooping his pants in preschool. They have gone downhill at an alarming rate (unlike some of Ron's DH races!); Ron was so fed up with losing money that he actually retired, letting his wife do everything. But now he's back, thanks to Brad Duke. That's great. But to say it'll give WildRockies a shot in the arm is a laugher.

I've basically done option a and b. Maybe option c is in the cards.

Hoops - Big and Small

Knobby Tires Rock

Quote Originally Posted by westin
    Maybe option c is in the cards.
    Davey and Cynthia did it!

I guess if enough people complain somebody will take the lead.

Care to share your "constructive criticism"?

TERVOR THE GREAT
    Quote Originally Posted by Bombin4X
    Nice one Trevor. School is doing you well, see?!
    As I sit at home "sick" typing posts on mtbr and building berms...

I think the main lesson in school is the responsibility that you need to succeed in school. Obviously you do learn specific skills that will end up being useful, but most of the things you learn are of no real importance to you once you get out into the real world. i.e. Even though the quadratic formula is something taught in 8th grade math, how often do you think the average person uses it in? NEVER!

Trevor

And who says I'm not still pooping my pants?

the new Gilbert Grape
    Quote Originally Posted by DelTaco
    i.e. Even though the quadratic formula is something taught in 8th grade math, how often do you think the average person uses it in? NEVER!
    Depends on what you do for a living, and if you ever "got" why you were learning it.

The people who can't figure out the seat tube angle's effect on top tube lengths, the head tube angle's effects on stem lengths, and what gearing combos they need, are the same people that didn't pay attention during 8th grade math class (or maybe that taught that stuff in 9th grade).

Cleavage Of The Tetons
    Jan 2004
    I have hosted a number of races in the Big Hole's, it is a *****.

And then we eat them."

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast