mtbr member
    Nov 2006

Boise Tech Trails II/Fall 2013 - Trail Work

I have a meeting scheduled with RTR on Table Rock for the last phase of the trail enhancement project. The plan is to reconstruct the original manmade trail features into larger but beginner level table top jumps. In addition we will widen the trail at the approach and landing areas. If we receive approval we may build up some of the bermed corners and adjust the trail location in a few spots. Maybe with a bit more bulk to them the features will last longer.

The work days will be the end of the day weekdays and maybe a few hours on a Saturday. I would like to get it done before the time change November 3. If you are interested in helping out please send me a Private Message (PM) with a name, phone number and email address.

RTR is very pleased with our work from this past spring and the rock work from years past on the lower run in to Warm Springs Golf Course. Said everything has held up very nicely. Wall rides, drops, jumps, bermed turns, technical challenges and small booters.

This will complete a project that has been under construction for 3 years. We have gained the trust of RTR and the preliminary approvals come relatively soon after we find the right location. Hope to do more once this one is finished.

We also added the fun stuff on Junkyard and Red Cliffs. Let me know if you can make it. If we get the final green light we may be able to start early next week. Lack of rain could delay us until next spring as happened this past year.

I'll post updates after Friday.

mtbr member
    Nov 2006

Approved Trail Work

All the trail work details have been ironed out with RTR. We can begin work once we have enough moisture in the ground. Based on the current dry conditions, the impending time change the first of November and subsequent loss of after daylight hour’s end of day, we may be deferring work until spring 2014. I hate to ask anyone to work on weekends, especially if we have enough snow to shred in the mountains. If the opportunity does arise we may start chipping away at the trail work one feature at a time.

Our trail work involves no taxpayer money extorted for the benefit of a few, no County or City officials calling each other names because they don’t understand their own agreements, no television interviews by goofy citizens making stupid uneducated statements and false accusations, and no threats to vote anyone out of office………our group just says, ”please and thank you.”

Hope everyone is enjoying the Jr. High School drama over a neighborhood Sports Complex & Park as played out by several local governments and wacky citizens. I certainly am.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

mtbr member
    Nov 2006

Work Has Begun

With the recent big dump of rain the soils will be good for a few days so I will be out on the trail very early afternoon today to start some work. As long as we don’t hit a dry spell we might be able to finish up the new work this fall then focus on some fine tuning of work completed last spring. I will try to post each work day 24-48 hours ahead so anyone with a few hours can volunteer some time. Since we are not required to knock out all features in a short order, we can chip away it with smaller work crews. RTR gave us enough tools for 4 people, thank you RTR.

Parking should be along E. Windsong Drive at the old Cul-de-sac. The road was extended this past summer further up Warms Springs Mesa. The parking location, directions to work area and trail work location are indicated in the pictures below. Again let me know when you might be able to come out and help. Thanks to the volunteers ahead of time.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Boise Tech Trails II/Fall 2013 - Trail Work-directions-work-area.jpg  

Boise Tech Trails II/Fall 2013 - Trail Work-capture.jpg  

mtbr member
    Nov 2006

3 Days of Trail Work

I am planning on working today (Wednesday 11/6), starting about 3:00 pm – 5:00, tomorrow same time and Saturday starting about 10:00 am. Tools are on site. Follow the directions in the previous post.

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    Short Notice - Trail Work today 11/13 starting at 3:00 pm.