mtbr member
    Apr 2008

Boise frame building company needs your help

Boise is known for being a great cycling town, but we need a local bike brand! All the other cool towns have them and I'm going to do something about it!

Help me fund a Boise based frame building company - Oxide Cycles.

I've started a thread here with a teaser of one of the frames and information on the Grant we are seeking:

Stainless Steel DH 29er Frame with dual drive chains

Please take a moment to check it out and do what you can to support our efforts.

In addition to the positive local economic impact this would have, you will be supporting Boise State University Engineering students that will be contributing to various projects.

Thanks!

-Alan
    Last edited by =VELOMECH=; 06-16-2012 at 08:48 PM.

More cowbell!
    I like your design, particularly where the small sprocket above the crankset lives. Is that the pivot point for the rear triangle? Should make for smooth, reliable,no chain slap ride. I supported your shop on the grant voting page. Good Luck!

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Yeah, that's also the swingarm pivot center. The bike rides smoooooth indeed.

Thanks for your support!

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Is VeloMech the retail sales side of the store done?

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by westin View Post
    Is VeloMech the retail sales side of the store done?
    Very little will be different at Velomech. To make room for manufacturing, and free up capital, there will be few complete bikes on the floor and in back stock for sale. There will be completes from Oxide Cycles and maybe a few from other brands if something catches my eye.

Suspension service, wheel building and overhauls and custom built bikes from Salsa, Pivot, Foes, Intense etc. will continue as usual. The service was/is the core of the business. New bikes on the floor just collected dust. Never the right size/color/model and not enough boutique bike buyers in Boise to move what I had.

Oxide Cycles will be sold worldwide, so no more small town limitations.

-Alan