mtbr member
    Jul 2007

Boise Charity Ride on September 22

I got an email for a ride next weekend. I'm not associated with it but it looks like fun. I'll probably at least be doing the 40 mile ride. Here's the info I received:

The 2nd Annual Charity Ride will be September 22. The ride will be similar to last year with three loops with the big loop ride leaving at 8 AM, middle loop departure at 9 AM and the short loop departure at 10:30 AM. All rides start and finish at Boise Fry Co. in Bown Crossing. Eastside Cycles is also a co-sponsor of the event. Boise Fry Co,. is contributing 20% of all sales between 11 Am and 4 PM so come out and ride or at least come over and have a beer, burger and fries after the ride.

We are asking participants to donate a minimum of $15. Please get the word out over the next couple weeks and come out and represent for this great cause. This is a great way for the team to get some excellent positive exposure -- especially for our Bown Crossing sponsors.

Charitywater.org is the 2012 Charity Ride beneficiary. They are a non-profit organization bringing clean, safe drinking water to people in developing countries. 100% of all public donations directly fund water projects. To date they have served over 2,000,000 people.

The following facts illustrate the need for the work Charity Water completes.

Diseases from unsafe water and lack of basic sanitation kill more people every year than all forms of violence, including war. Children are especially vulnerable, as their bodies aren't strong enough to fight diarrhea, dysentery and other illnesses. 90% of the 30,000 deaths that occur every week from unsafe water and unhygienic living conditions are children under five years old. Many of these diseases are preventable. The WHO reports that over 3.6% of the global disease burden can be prevented simply by improving water supply, sanitation, and hygiene.

In Africa alone, people spend 40 billion hours every year just walking for water. Women and children usually bear the burden of water collection, walking miles to the nearest source, which is unprotected and likely to make them sick.

Please forward to friends that may be interested in supporting. Thanks.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    One question I have for anyone that knows, what is the "Bumpies" trail they are referring to? I've never heard of it. What kind of trail is it?

TRAIL KUBUKI CORNDOGGER
    Bumpies goes into the woods on the north side of the Ridge Road. If you've ridden the ridge road, you've probably seen it but just not know where it went. It can be fun.I don't think it's a sanctioned trail.
    Nobody cares what kind of bike you ride.

Look out!
    Is there a link for a better view of the map?
    Ride the bike.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnbkrid View Post
    Is there a link for a better view of the map?
    If you PM me your email address I can send you the pdf files.