TRAIL KUBUKI CORNDOGGER

The Boise Byrds are back

They're at it again again, clogging the trails in packs of many 10's under the rationale of "They're just kids".

Jesus Q. Murphy, just go away ferchissakes.
    Nobody cares what kind of bike you ride.

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    I know you post some stuff tongue-in-cheek looking to rile. Hopefully this is one of those. Or would you just prefer the trails are reserved for old men and this sport slowly dies off. And tomorrow's adults (today's kids) don't give a crap about preserving trails anymore 'cause they never got introduced to the outdoors when they were young 'cause they were too busy just playing video games. It's selfish, ridiculous posts like these that have killed the Boise participation in this forum. there you go, you riled me. Congratulations.

jalepenio jimenez
    hey son, I resemble that "old men" remark, but I don't hold anything again' ya for saying it (you'll be old one day yourself if you live that long.) chill out and enjoy the ride, ferchisscakes...
    I dig, chop, strangle, yank, stomp, annihilate, mutilate, eradicate, and FU goatheads

mtbr member
    Let the kids have their fun. It's good for the sport. If groups of riders ruin your buzz, you probably need to stick to your semi-secret stash...

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    I'm sure Will Barta, Anders Nystrom, Johnny Curtis (ex Byrd) and a few other Byrds are probably thinking the same of you Twistedcrank. These kids grow quick and I'm happy to be able to share the trails with some of the future talent in Boise.

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    Being passed by 10 skinny pimple faced kids on a climb kinda kills the ego eh?

There was a large group of the "kids" out at the Velopark on cross bikes this winter. They played by all the rules , so what was your beef Twisted, or do you wine whenever ANY trail user causes you to yield?

hispanic mechanic
    I know I'm a FNG to the Boise area, but I think it's pretty darn cool to see kids interested in riding. I raced 'cross this past season, and it was fun seeing teens and preteens actually interested in bikes.

Los
    "Shut up body and do what I tell you."
    Jens Voight

http://teamjva.com/jens-voigt-soundboard/

Look out!
    Holy cow, ride during the day like I do. Half the time I never see anyone... I rode late today and got caught in traffic and just went with the flow.
    Ride the bike.

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnbkrid View Post
    Holy cow, ride during the day like I do. Half the time I never see anyone... I rode late today and got caught in traffic and just went with the flow.
    oh yeah, ride during the day. I never would have thought of that. Probably because I am working. Stupid obligations that ultimately allow me to ride and buy riding gear.

Seriously, not defending or arguing with Twisted but your comment was sort of silly in the context of a real solution.

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by aenema View Post
    oh yeah, ride during the day. I never would have thought of that. Probably because I am working. Stupid obligations that ultimately allow me to ride and buy riding gear.

Seriously, not defending or arguing with Twisted but your comment was sort of silly in the context of a real solution.
    A little softer on the gas pedal there ol' friend. If your house is ever burnin, it just might be mtnbkrid on his way to save your arse.

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by AdamW View Post
    A little softer on the gas pedal there ol' friend. If your house is ever burnin, it just might be mtnbkrid on his way to save your arse.
    meh, like his job has any effect on his opinion or mine. If that comment influenced his professional behavior then I would rather he didn't try to save my home in some hypothetical situation.

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    meh, like his job has any effect on his opinion or mine. If that comment influenced his professional behavior then I would rather he didn't try to save my home in some hypothetical situation.
    I'm sure it wouldn't - he's an upstanding guy - and my reply was very much tongue-in-cheek. Your initial post seemed to imply that perhaps he got to ride during the day due to the fact he didn't have gainful employment. That's certainly not the case.

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by AdamW View Post
    I'm sure it wouldn't - he's an upstanding guy - and my reply was very much tongue-in-cheek. Your initial post seemed to imply that perhaps he got to ride during the day due to the fact he didn't have gainful employment. That's certainly not the case.
    Gotcha, I didn't mean to imply he was living with his mom or whatnot. Just that because one person can ride during the day doesn't mean that the rest of us have that liberty. I personally, work 7:30-4:30 Monday through Friday and as much as I would love to have the trails to myself, I have to wait till it's hot enough to drive off those that don't want to deal with it before that happens.

I got your tongue in cheek and wouldn't expect a professional to be influenced even if he knew who I was and where I live (possible as I was quite active in community for a long time). I was just round about saying that we all have opinions and are entitled to share on this here site. Twisted may not always have a popular one but he is entitled to throw it out and we are entitled to disagree and reply accordingly.

jalepenio jimenez

where's the love???

Seriously, not defending or arguing with Twisted but your comment was sort of silly in the context of a real solution....

aenema, either you've got your head up your a** or you were just having a bad day, but nonetheless, you've ripped on someone who meant no harm by their comment, and now have brought that persons character into the spotlight on this forum by your bullshi! rant that you don't get to ride during the day. boo hoo.

you know, you're not alone, but you are the only one who's chosen to lament that fact by attacking someone who posted a perfectly acceptable comment in jest, or at the least, was said tongue in cheek.

what you've accomplished instead is brought your own character into question.

most of us would think a better man of you if you were to soften up on the rhetoric a bit and recant your rant to him personally, and not just to the forum as you've already done with AdamW.

in that hypothetical situation, you better hope he is one of the guys you're lucky enough to have show up at your front door...
    I dig, chop, strangle, yank, stomp, annihilate, mutilate, eradicate, and FU goatheads

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Oh jeebus, give me a break. Glad you have made such a inference of my character based on that comment and have so astutely called me out on it. Maybe I love the guy, maybe we are fast friends and I am calling him silly 'tongue in cheek'. Maybe I am just calling him out on that as a silly solution to one person expressing their opinion on a PUBLIC forum. I love how it is ok for him to make a comment that could be 'tongue in cheek' but for me, I am communicating a "bullshi! rant that you don't get to ride during the day. boo hoo."

Lighten up, seriously. If you can bother to do that than I can bother to care whether or not you think "a better man" of me or not.

jalepenio jimenez
    meh...

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    That was entertaining......

dblblack
    Apr 2012
    I think it is great that the kids are out there riding. That being said, I tend to either ride on my own or in very small groups and in general I don't like the crowds. There is another way to avoid them in addition to the riding on off hours. Ride the trails where the crowds aren't. I string rides together that include places like Hard Guy, Corrals (from Trail 4) to Scotts, Five Mile, Watchman and 3 Bears. Basically if you are willing to get any elevation, you eliminate 90% of the crowds. Another great option is Avimor. I had friends telling me I had to get out there and I finally made it this week. Very cool x-c type trails and almost nobody there. If you follow the Coyote Classic course, that is 16 miles of riding and new scenery the entire way.

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Fred Smedley View Post
    That was entertaining......
    It was for me too actually.

On topic, Avimor is getting a lot of attention of late. They are very open to trail building and are not part of the Ridge to Rivers system so a lot of stuff can be built there due to lacking the multi-user requirement that RtoR has to work with. I have done a bit of building out there and there is a ton of potential. I encourage anybody interested to find out about trail days. I can get them in touch with the coordinators if you ask.

TRAIL KUBUKI CORNDOGGER
    I stand by what I said.

I got no problem with kids on bikes on trails. Most of us are life-long cyclists because we were kids on bikes on trails once. More better, the best of us went way out there on bikes without adult supervision and came back to tell the tale.

It's the Nanny State Cycling Team group-think mentality that gets a C minus. Some day, those poor kids are going to be adults and we'll all be worse off for it.

Gratefully, I don't encounter them while on a bike. It's well known that spending too much time riding the lower foothills will make you grow t!ts.

But I do walk the dog and run a few miles on occasion down there and I've had more than one partially negative encounter with the 10's of red and yellow yard apes on their fancy bikes that their parents bought for them.
    Nobody cares what kind of bike you ride.

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by TwistedCrank View Post
    I stand by what I said.

I got no problem with kids on bikes on trails. Most of us are life-long cyclists because we were kids on bikes on trails once. More better, the best of us went way out there on bikes without adult supervision and came back to tell the tale.

It's the Nanny State Cycling Team group-think mentality that gets a C minus. Some day, those poor kids are going to be adults and we'll all be worse off for it.

Gratefully, I don't encounter them while on a bike. It's well known that spending too much time riding the lower foothills will make you grow t!ts.

But I do walk the dog and run a few miles on occasion down there and I've had more than one partially negative encounter with the 10's of red and yellow yard apes on their fancy bikes that their parents bought for them.
    OK, I’ll bite…

So you have a problem with how our society is raising its children, question is, what are you willing to do about it? You could cry about it on some internet message board like one of those nanny leashed kids, or you could man up and get out in the community and do something about it.

Gary
    Kool-Aid, Kool-Aid, Taste Great... Oh Yeaahh!

Look out!
    A guy goes away for a few days and all heck breaks loose. Yes, my post was tongue in cheek. I should have put a smiley wink or something on it. It's pointless to say anything but get out and ride the bike. In crowds or not, during the day or not. I am too old for this shite. Adam and Mudflap, thanks, and have a good ride today.
    Ride the bike.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Dear Montana, Wyoming, and the rest of Idaho. I know every thread that starts in Boise seems to turn into a soap opera and spins wildly out of control giving the illusion that we are all unhinged but that is not the case. The majority of us just want to ride with their friends and enjoy the rare gift we have been blessed with. I don't spend much time here anymore and usually just to check trail conditions so enjoy the summer and keep riding.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Oh Twisted you still crack me up. Some people take you serious which is laughable in itself. But this one takes the cake."It's well known that spending too much time riding the lower foothills will make you grow t!ts."

I thought the start of my moobs was a result of too much beer and maybe too much time in meetings. I'm stoked to find out I don't need to give up beer. I just need to ride up in the trees and at Avimor more.

Are you do for a new set of loopers yet?

mtbr member
    May 2012
    It's great that kids are out there riding. I never see any kids where we are riding. Maybe you need to ride some tougher terrain and get away from the kids path.