mtbr member
    Nov 2005

Boise Bike Swap and BODE

BODE is part of the Swap, again, but are they still a team? Their site is way old, and I haven't seen any of their riders/team kits spinnin' around town in a long time. Anyone have the latest on the Boise Development Cycling Team?

http://www.bodecycling.com/

Hi!!!
    I do believe some of their kids raced in last summer's Twilight Criterium.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by BelaySlave
    I do believe some of their kids raced in last summer's Twilight Criterium.
    Are you referring to BYRDS?

mtbr member

different team

BYRDS (boise young riders development squad) is a different group, but as long as this came up i might as well let anyone who might be interested know that BYRDS is a great team. led by douglas tobin of tobin coaching, they won usacycling's best HS/junior team of the year for 2005!

what a fun group, if any of you have young'un's that like to ride, the mtb group just started up last year to great success, joining a very strong roadie team with some amazingly strong riders. my son is in the mtb group, we have a blast.

parents, riding with these kids is a hoot, you would love it. a great way to spend time with your kids but give them the opportunity to grow as riders under the influence of peers and mentors. dave beck coaches the mtb group, and he volunteers his time, as do the other coaches.

props to douglas and the other folks who have helped make this a great group and fun for all ability levels. we need other parents to help lead rides! check out BYRDS at www.byrdscycling.com.

world cylcle sponsors (among others) and the website will be updated to include a msg. board for kids to swap gear and coordinate rides.

cool, huh?
    Idaho dirt, river, sky

mtbr member
    May 2004

Yep my friend Dan has his son in it

Quote Originally Posted by MTNgirl
    BYRDS (boise young riders development squad) is a different group, but as long as this came up i might as well let anyone who might be interested know that BYRDS is a great team. led by douglas tobin of tobin coaching, they won usacycling's best HS/junior team of the year for 2005!

what a fun group, if any of you have young'un's that like to ride, the mtb group just started up last year to great success, joining a very strong roadie team with some amazingly strong riders. my son is in the mtb group, we have a blast.

parents, riding with these kids is a hoot, you would love it. a great way to spend time with your kids but give them the opportunity to grow as riders under the influence of peers and mentors. dave beck coaches the mtb group, and he volunteers his time, as do the other coaches.

props to douglas and the other folks who have helped make this a great group and fun for all ability levels. we need other parents to help lead rides! check out BYRDS at www.byrdscycling.com.

world cylcle sponsors (among others) and the website will be updated to include a msg. board for kids to swap gear and coordinate rides.

cool, huh?
    Dan just started Raymond and he seems to really like it........

Sheepherder/Cat Herder Moderator
    I just rode with two of the BODE riders last week. They are still around. I saw Calvin wearing his kit recently (2 Sundays ago). They don't wear their race kits all the time, as some teams require it as part of sponsorship.
    ...building wherever they'll let me...

26er

Definatly a great group..

Quote Originally Posted by MTNgirl

cool, huh?
    I rode with the mountain bike group a bunch on mondays this past summer and it was definatly a blast to see those kids tackle the trails. In a couple of years they will probably be outriding me

Chris
    Live to ride!

Cannondale Jekyll Carbon 1
    Cannondale Trigger Carbon 2
    Transition Bottle Rocket
    Niner MCR 29er Hardtail

Hi!!!
    I saw three BODE riders Wednesday evening on their road bikes at Military Reserve.