Hoops - Big and Small

Boise Banzai Transportation Update

I poached this off Wild Rockies website

I've decide to bomb the ridgeline on my double boinger, no SS'in for me this year.

Hope to see a good showing from the MTBR's

http://www.wildrockies.com/mountain_...ise_banzai.php

Transportation:
    We have arranged for a bus to help shuttle people up to Bogus. The pickup point is the parking lot at the Ridley's Store at the bottom of Bogus Basin Road. Please park in the upper, northernmost corner, near the Bogus Basin offices. The bus can carry up to 40 people and 15 bikes. The first bus will leave Ridley's at 8:30am on Sunday morning. Singlespeeders, this would be the bus for you. Runners, since you don't have bikes, there will certainly be room for you.

The second bus will leave the parking lot at Ridley's at 10am and would be perfect for Banzai Bikers and runners.

Because of the limitations of being able to only carry 15 bikes, the bus will probably be more heavily used after the Banzai to get people back up to their cars where it can carry 40 people at a time. The first bus back up to Bogus after the Banzai will leave the Boise Co-Op at 2pm, with the second bus leaving at 4pm. Please remember that there will be food, music and alcohol at the Banzai Party so please be careful about drinking and driving.

TERVOR THE GREAT
    That's good news. Hopefully there will be enough room for everyone, but I see no reason why not...
    I can hardly wait for this whole sunday.
    Right now I'm sitting just 8 points behind Daniel Reed for 1st in DH series points, and this is the race that'll make or break that...
    Then the barring death on the retardedly easy DH course, I will be racing the Banzai and getting my ass royally beaten by a bunch of old dudes who like to spend lots of money saving grams.
    Then there's the best event of all time: The Dual Free... No more explaination needed.
    Then a party, awards, and flaming blue aligators. What more could I ask for in any given day?

So who all is going? If you don't go, you can expect bad things to happen to you, your family, and maybe your dog.

Trevor

mtbr member
    I am going to ride the banzai, I ride a fs carbon framed terra shark, its kinda hard to miss, good luck and be safe, Jarrod

TRAIL KUBUKI CORNDOGGER
    Quote Originally Posted by DelTaco
    The Dual Free... No more explaination needed.
    Pardon my grey balding pate, but an explanation is in order. What's a Dual Free?
    Nobody cares what kind of bike you ride.

Look out!
    Quote Originally Posted by TwistedCrank
    Pardon my grey balding pate, but an explanation is in order. What's a Dual Free?
    Think "chutes and ladders" on a bike. It is a pretty cool set up of a free ride course on the flat with "ladders" to drops to see saws and various other obstacles. I saw it at Brundage Mt. this summer. Maybe Trevor could post a picture if he has one?
    Ride the bike.

mtbr member
    Bogus Basin road should be open while the race is going on right? My wife wants to drive to the top, watch the start, and drive down to the co-op. I have tried to call the wild rockies # but it goes to a fax machine. Is there another number where I can contact someone? Thanks, Jarrod

Hi!!!
    Good luck Tevor, Jarrod, Bret, and everyone else from here that is doing it tomorrow!

Look out!
    Quote Originally Posted by jarrod7219
    Bogus Basin road should be open while the race is going on right? My wife wants to drive to the top, watch the start, and drive down to the co-op. I have tried to call the wild rockies # but it goes to a fax machine. Is there another number where I can contact someone? Thanks, Jarrod
    Yes Bogus Basin road will be open. However, 8th st. is supposed to be closed from 12 to 2 or 3. There were some flyers posted at the interperative centers parking lot and the lower hulls gulch parking lot earlier this week.
    Ride the bike.

rolls on 26's
    Jun 2006
    i'm excited for tomorrow, can't wait, my first race, but anyway does anyone have any conditions reports? I've only seen 8th street from the trees down. Some sandy spots, whats it like up higher? muddy, sandy, perfect, etc.?

the new Gilbert Grape
    Quote Originally Posted by aj_gilbs
    i'm excited for tomorrow, can't wait, my first race, but anyway does anyone have any conditions reports? I've only seen 8th street from the trees down. Some sandy spots, whats it like up higher? muddy, sandy, perfect, etc.?
    It's usually sandy and loose, but after the rain a couple of nights ago it should be in good conditon.
    Each bicycle owned exponentially increases the probability that none is working correctly.

rolls on 26's
    Jun 2006
    cool thanks for the info, good luck everyone!