Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Board roll call

112K views 314 replies 207 participants last post by  Xylx 
#1 · (Edited)
I don't know if you guys have noticed, but I think this board gets more traffic than any of the regional boards other than the Colorado and Cali boards. There also seem to be more and more new posters on the board. I think it's time for a general board roll call. Where do you live, how old are you, what's your primary bike, who from the board have you ridden with, and what's your brew of choice? (Ignore the last question if it offends you.) If you have a photo of yourself, post it so we know what you look like!

Earthpig (aka Geoff)

Location - Boise, on the Mesa

Age - turning 35 tomorrow

Bike - Ventana X5 (fork finally back from Marzocchi!) (also have a road bike, cross bike and a hardtail)

Have ridden with - smilycook, crash_burn, twistedcrank, flipinidaho, Nels, mtnbkrdr98, lv2ride, Bombin 40x, riderx40, Wayndar, Irishbuddha, MarkV, rideit, Visicypher, adso, justen, and Sparticus from the OR/SS boards. (Also have met CBro and BelaySlave, but have not ridden with them)

Brew - PBR when I'm thirsty, Miller Lite when I'm watching my weight, OE or Bull when I want a quick, cheap buzz, and Black Butte Porter when I want the best beer on the planet

Attachments

See less See more
#315 ·
Just noticed this thread and that there's a large number of SW Idahoans. I'm 68 and still alive. Live in Nampa right now. Not ideal, but close to the Owyhees from here on the southside. My bikes include a Salsa Horsethief full squish with 27.5x3" tires, a Heller Bloodhound fatbike, and a Specialized FatBoy fat bike I leave in Anchorage. Sold all the road bikes. Don't do that anymore. Especially since the e-holes took over the Greenbelt. I've ridden all over Idaho, but like the McCall area best. Owyhees are fun until it gets hot. I usually snowbike in the Idaho City area, Garden Valley or an occasional trip to Bruneau Dunes. Melvin IPA when I drink.