Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: Board roll call

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    residence: Bozeman
    how old: 28 soon to be 29
    primary bike: surly k-monkey rigid SS
    who I've ridden with: no one i know of
    Brew of choice: ANYTHING HOPPY!! Broken Halo is one i like right now, can't go wrong with any of the bozone's. todd is the stuff, he hooked my team up with a pony keg for a 24 hour race.

mtbr member

Howdy howdy

Location- Butte, America
    age early 30's (I have a 13 year old son)
    I work in Pburg.
    Originally from Sandpoint, Ida
    I moved to butte 3 years ago from Missoula- which is where I learned how to mountainbike- mostly up at the rattlesnake and woods gulch, and snowbowl in the summer is my favorite- 4 hours to Peak 6, and one hour down! I could do that every day and not get bored. Rode once up and over sheep mountain but hiked too much of that to want to do it again. Also did Lost trail to Sula- 20 miles single track all down hill. Super fun! US West trail over jumbo was how I got to and from work (lived E Missoula worked on Reserve ST). Ah... but I digress. Missoula's scene is nice and clean.

Over here, I ride everything. Into the highlands, wacky tobacci's, fleecer, pipestone, caverns, E ridge, big Butte, moulton, homestake-- there are a lot of trails made by motorcross or 4wheeler all over the place, so I really ride about anywhere. I tend to just sorta go on woops-a-rides tooling around! I'm usually the only person out!
    Pburg has a ton of trails going off too, mostly straight up hill. I have fun about anywhere.

I got a new bike in March, my first full suspension bike and first disk brakes too (I know, late adapater). I love it! I've been reading here for a while and am really inspired!

My favorirte place to mountain bike ever is a special little mesa down by ST George that I'll keep to myself, but if you know what I'm talking about, cool!

new book out called Montana Singletrack that Tim "the Hawke" helped with. Anyone know where I can get a hold of a copy?

Woops

Don't get even, get odd.

Don't worry, be happy!
    welcome, whoopsadaisy... be sure to chceck out the Women's Lounge too!

~formica

mtbr member
    Thanks Formica-
    I will!

Woops
    Don't get even, get odd.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mtbmitch2

THanks Mitch. Somehow I didn't see your post earlier. !
    That has got to be the book. Have you looked at it?
    I don't usually go off books, and have no experience with them. but A friend I ride with sometimes over in Bozeman helped with beta for this one and I really trust his input.

woops
    Don't get even, get odd.

my girl rides also
    Feb 2005

New Guy to Boise

Hey people....as the title says, new guy here.

VA2 SLOride, aka Scott. I've been here about two months after living in Bend for a year and a half, my car for about 3 months before that, San Luis Obispo before that, and VA before that.

I ride a SC Nomad and a Mountain Cycle Ruble that I've SS'd out which makes for a great around-town bike here.

I haven't ridden with anyone from here that I know of, but I've ridden in about 16 states so far, so I may have come across some of you unknowingly.

Ummm...what else. Oh yeah...beer. I like the kind with bubbles that tastes good...

I'm pretty much down for a ride any time...and I'd love to meet up with some of the locals!

Cheers!
    Scott
    Moving to Montana soon, gonna be a dental floss tycoon.

More than somewhat.
    Cypress - aka Denny

Location - Bozeman, Montana - aka 9 months of winter, 2 months of mud, 1 month of sweeet sweet riding.

Age - 24

Bike - Waiting for my 2008 Taurine Team to arrive at Sportsman Ski Haus in Kalispell... I'm currently being abused by a 1993 Cannondale M1000 with a pepperoni fork, on the only ridable trail in Bozeman (Bzn Creek).

Discipline: I raced XC for a while back in the day then my bike was stolen. I became a roadie, raced that for a while, now I'm coming back home to the dirt.

Me on the road bike:

Last edited by formica; 03-20-2008 at 10:24 AM. Reason: inappropriate photo

OCO
    mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Where do you live: Rexburg
    Years of Earthly experience: 27
    Steel Pony: Gary Fisher Wahoo!
    Years Riding: Not enough
    Who from the board have you ridden with: No one, I'm too new here.
    What's your brew of choice: Binary Runtime Environment for Wireless (BREW)
    Find and Share GPS Coordinates of Trails to Ride: Backcountry Secrets

Bike Dork

Shaking hands and kissing babies

Real world handle: Brandon Ives a.k.a. monkeyman, monkeylad, themanmonkey, MonkeyB
    Time on earth: 38 years
    Place on earth: Coeur d'Alene for now
    Rides I roll: I build my own stuff, but I've been dabbling in FS so picked up a Kona King a while back.
    Where I roll: Where ever I can.
    The way I roll: If it's human powered and moves I'm on it.
    What I quaff: I'm a homebrewer, have lived in Belgium, and have a lifelist of over 2500 if that answers the question.
    Day job: I've been wrenching since the days when shifters and pedals started to go 'click' and forks didn't move unless you hit a stump really hard.

North Idaho is the homeland, I left Cd'A in '88 after HS and a year of NIC. In the last 12 years the wife an I have lived all over the U.S., in Gent, Belgium, and spent the last 3 years in Vancouver, B.C. Now we're back in town for a bit after our Canadian visas went kaput. I'll also be trying to get my framebuilding company off the ground by next fall. Once the Tuesday night Canfield ride starts happening I can be found there. Here's a pic from a few years back at the Barbie Camp ride outside of Sisters, Ore.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007

Bikes: Scott Sub 20 Cross/Hybrid for trips into town (4 long miles to the edge of it, 8 to 10 to the breweries) and getting into shape for epic trail riding before the trails are open and when I don't have time to drive to a trail head. New this year replacing a Specialized Rockhopper Comp are a 07' Redline Monocog 29" SS and an 07' Kona Coiler that I just built up this week.

Beer: Kettlehouse's Cold Smoke and Double Haul, Bayern's Maibok, Kona's Pipeline Porter, and Fort Collin's Brewing's Major Tom's Pomegranate Wheat. Pretty much any dark beer and a few wheat beers. I just love beer.

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Me: Brian
    Home: South East Nampa
    Bike: Do I really have to admit it??? (hint: P.O.S.)
    Ridden with: Me (see above)
    Beer: OK, the only thing bad about getting into MTB is now I can't spend as much time with my Beer. Suffice to say, I would have to list 100 diff beers to even begin ... big fan of Deschutes, Rogue beers, Stone brewing, Goose Island, etc.... now to get rid of the beer belly!!

I just started this whole biking thing. Sorely out of shape, and working on training. Hurts alot, so far, I am addicted. Hope to see some of you out on the trails!!!

mtbr member
    Real world handle: Brad Alexander
    Time on earth: 27.79 years
    Place on earth: Billings, MT
    Rides I roll: Giant Trance & Iron Horse Sunday
    Where I roll: The trail I'm on at a particular moment is basically my favorite.
    The way I roll: usually flowy and relaxed with the occasional DH crash to spice things up
    What I quaff: Rejuvelac, green smoothies, filtered water
    Day job: digital print technician & sign designer
    Smoke/Drink: 1-beer-max and very rarely.

I basically have very few people to ride with right now and it's sad

Because I'm really excited about summer!

So... I'm just lurking a bit and seeing who's online at the forums - there aren't any Montana MTB meetup.com groups, are there? Anyone interested in starting one?

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    There should be a Montana mtb biking group/club. Lots of smaller word of mouth groups it seems like, but nothing organized and published on the web it seems like to me.

MT resident, pending 8/1/08

Nom: Dave C.
    Residence: Missoula
    Occ: MSW grad student, U of M
    Bikes: Surly Karate Monkey SS, Lenzsport Leviathan
    Rides: Big! Endurance racing, etc.
    Beers: 1554, La Fin du Monde

...and looking for trouble, soon.

Sheepherder/Cat Herder Moderator

Welcome

Quote Originally Posted by ionsmuse
    Nom: Dave C.
    Residence: Missoula
    Occ: MSW grad student, U of M
    Bikes: Surly Karate Monkey SS, Lenzsport Leviathan
    Rides: Big! Endurance racing, etc.
    Beers: 1554, La Fin du Monde

...and looking for trouble, soon.

Dave:

Is there another Ion? Or are you the one that I see that posts in the Endurance forum? And did you do the Rim Ride? I really want to do that next year.
    ...building wherever they'll let me...

Quote Originally Posted by Visicypher
    Dave:

Is there another Ion? Or are you the one that I see that posts in the Endurance forum? And did you do the Rim Ride? I really want to do that next year.

That would be me. I finished last year, rigid SS (ouch!) through the mud. DNF'd ( ) this year when my crank kept backing out.

Sounds like a possible carpool already.... I've got some revenge to exact.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Hey.

Name: Steve
    Residence: Moscow for school; Sandpoint during breaks.
    Occu: Student, Secondary Ed.
    Bike: Specialized Hardrock, Tora 318 air, X.7 drivetrain, Holzfeller cranks, Avid BB7s
    Favorite trails: Gold Hill, Schweitzer Fire station run, SYRINGA (all in sandpoint)
    Beer: Gotta go with Coors Light ahah.. hey I'm a college student.

Torque me. Make me spin!
    BottomBraket - Michael W.

Location - Red Lodge, Montana - part time (June for 2008)
    Bethesda, MD - most other times

Age - body of a 30 year old

Bike - Trek 9.8 OCLV carbon hardtail - in MT

Have ridden with - ??

Brew - Red Lodge Ales of course.

Me at Silver Run Trial near Red Lodge, MT
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by BottomBraket; 05-02-2008 at 07:13 PM.

mtbr member

Newbie to the whole thing!

Bike: Women's Schwinn Mountain bike
    Brew: Depends on the mood really. I like Bridgeport's Ebineezer ale, but I really like oatmeal stouts too.
    I am new to the mountain biking thing here in Boise and would love to find some people to go out on the trails with around here. I know there are a lot and they all have something different to offer, but I'm not sure what a lot of the terms mean or where to start really. If anyone is interested in working with a newbie, hit me up, I'm always up for a challenging good time!

oops...
    CBro hosts a weekly group ride -- The Barney Ride -- on Thursday evenings at 5:45. It starts at the parking lot across from the dog park at Military Reserve. I recommend it highly...

oops...
    Name: Mark Hodges

Bike: Cake 2 that makes an odd gasping and wheezing sound when climbing

Ridden with: flip, rrb, cbro, tfloyd, bombin4x, laffeaux -- a few others, but it's so hard to keep track of these things...

Beverage: the nearest one

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by hodgee
    CBro hosts a weekly group ride -- The Barney Ride -- on Thursday evenings at 5:45. It starts at the parking lot across from the dog park at Military Reserve. I recommend it highly...
    That sounds like what I am looking for, however I tend to work Thursday nights and that would just not be feasible for my hours. Is there another similar group that meets on a different day that you know about? Should I just do a separate post for a group ride?

Sheepherder/Cat Herder Moderator
    There is the BOMBB Squad women's ride. They are on Yahoo Groups. And you can always create a thread for group rides. A couple of the gals here are regulars. You might see if they are into do a regular group rides

And by the way, welcome!!! Hope to see you on the trail work days. The next one is 6/7.
    ...building wherever they'll let me...

mtbr member
    Years old: 20
    Bikes: Marin Quake 7.2 DH, Specialized P.2 SS
    Don't know anyone, haven't rode much, moved here last August. No mountain miles on Marin yet.
    Brew: Sobe

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast