mtbr member
    Oct 2011

Biking this weekend. Idaho, Utah or Oregon

Okay everyone. I'm in Bozeman and am looking for somewhere to set off to for a four day weekend of biking this upcoming weekend. I'm going Colorado, Utah next month so I was trying to avoid that now but would still do a Moab run if the conditions everywhere else led it to be the only one feasible. But, anywhere else in Idah, Utah or even out to the Oregon coast that would allow a weekend (Saturday - Tuesday) of good riding for the pup and I?
    Thanks in advance.

mtbr member
    If you end up heading into Oregon look up the trail system in Echo, OR - near Hermiston off I-84. Trails should be in great shape with a good forecast for the weekend. Maybe some wind though.

Fwiw, I'm heading to Boise this weekend, taking the dog and bike with me. Also taking my lights because my intel tells me its soft in the day but frozen at night.

26er
    Well it is probably a 7 hour drive to Boise and you could ride out in the owyhees and stop at Indian springs near twin falls on the way. Boise trails may be ride able depending on how the weather goes the rest of the week.

Owyhee info:
    http://www.blm.gov/pgdata/etc/medial..._8x11_Topo.pdf

The Owyhee's Wilson Creek area offers a rugged biking adventure | Biking | Idahostatesman.com

Another option might be to head to st george, ut for an extra three hours of driving.
    Live to ride!

Cannondale Jekyll Carbon 1
    Cannondale Trigger Carbon 2
    Transition Bottle Rocket
    Niner MCR 29er Hardtail

mtbr member
    If the weather stays dry what trails (if any) will be ridable during the day in Boise. My 8 year old son wants to go out with me but doesn't have the gear to be out when it is frozen. Thanks