mtbr member
    Jul 2008

Bike Trip Idaho, Montana, Wyoming

Hi

I am from Austria and I am planning a bike trip to Idaho, Montana and Wyoming this summer (three weeks). Last summer I spent three weeks riding my bike in Coloardo and Utah --> I loved it. Great trails, great people, awesome time.

This year I would like to explore other areas. I like to ride as much singletrail as possible, not too technical, but challenging. And of course in beautiful landscapes  I ride a Santa Cruz LT.

Any trails/areas you can recommend? Any must visits/riding in Idaho, Montana and Wyo-ming? Or should I go elsewhere?

Any help is greatly appreciated

mtbr member
    May 2011
    For riding on the Idaho/Montana border area near Salmon, Idaho, there is good information here. Lost Trails or for information in the Idaho/Wyoming area www.tetonmtn.com/home

A variety of challenging trails in a scenic area.

These rides are best done in July, August, Sept. There is also good riding and great scenery in the Sun Valley and Stanley areas of Idaho, and Bozeman and Big Sky areas of Montana. There is also a lot of information posted in the Idaho, Montana, Wyoming forum avaliable by searching through older posts.

Im sure others will chime in with suggested areas, links, and rides.

Have a great trip.
    Last edited by sidehiller1; 01-16-2013 at 09:30 AM.

26er
    Yeah check out the sticky then ask questions from there.
    Live to ride!

The Family:
    Cannondale Jekyll Carbon 1
    Transition Bottle Rocket
    Norco Aline
    Niner MCR 29er Hardtail

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    sidehiller 1 thanks for the information. Now I know where to start... I will also check the sticky and start from there.

Cheers

Cleavage Of The Tetons
    Jan 2004
    We are a bunch of broken records on here, but also check out the Jackson/Teton Valley sticky. Lots of great stuff in all of he stickies. What dates are you shooting for? Weather is an important factor, potentially.
    "We LOVE cows! They make trails for us.....

And then we eat them."