mtbr member
    Aug 2005

Big Sky XC suggestions & riding partner 8/19 Taylor's Fork->Hebgen via Red Canyon

So I'll be down in Big Sky for the next few days and was trying to remember what other XC singletrack options there were down there.

I found the Beehive Ridge to North Fork loop listed on Grizzlyoutfitters website, but thought there was another even longer XC ride over there too?

I've done the Portal -> Porc and all the rest, and was thinking about shorter XC options in Big Sky.

I'm also planning to ride from Taylor's Fork (Wapiti) -> Red Canyon trailhead on Sunday if anyone else is interested -- just PM me.

I'm slow and steady all day long.

Adventurous Hacker
    Jul 2004

Check this out

Get the Big Sky Area map from this outfit--great map that will show you many possibilities.
    Beartooth Publishing, Trail Guides, Recreational Topographic Trail Maps, Outdoor Maps, Bozeman, Montana, Wyoming, Idaho, Arizona, Wind River Range

I'll be in the area in about a week and a half--planning on doing the First/Second Yellow Mule from Ousel Falls route and Pika Point. Both sound like they're right in line with your criteria.
    Last edited by Fischman; 08-15-2012 at 07:27 AM. Reason: Wrong link
    All other things are rarely equal . . .

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Shorter than North Fork in BS proper would be 1st Yellow Mule out and back from Ousel Falls trailhead, or try the really short Reflector Trail which can be found on some maps or better yet ask at Gallatin Alpine Sports. Cinnamon could be the best downhill around, and you can ride all the way to Lizard Lakes for a big out and back, check it out on the map and explore. Try Albino (Meadow Creek Trail) to Lizard Lakes for an easier option than from Cinnamon. I might see you on Sunday, riding from BS to Hebgen.